PDA

View Full Version : Buchanan to Buena Vista (VA) Water?

Studlintsean
10-02-2014, 21:39
Anyone been in this area and know what the current water situation is looking like? Any suggestions/ recommendations on shuttles in the area? I am hoping to hear back from Deer Hunter who I have used in the past but need to start looking at a backup. Thank you in advance for any information.

Southerner
10-02-2014, 23:22
Despite having a lot of overcast days and drizzle in September, the rainfall has been rather slack in western Virginia. Springs and streams in the area, which are normally running low anyhow at the end of the growing season, are starting to dry up. I would be sure to have extra water carrying capacity and just assume that any sources listed as seasonal will not be available. Sorry, I don't have any information about shuttles.

Studlintsean
10-03-2014, 07:16
Thanks Southerner.

Deer Hunter
10-03-2014, 10:09
Anyone been in this area and know what the current water situation is looking like? Any suggestions/ recommendations on shuttles in the area? I am hoping to hear back from Deer Hunter who I have used in the past but need to start looking at a backup. Thank you in advance for any information.

Gotcha covered on the ride. :)

Studlintsean
10-03-2014, 10:13
Gotcha covered on the ride. :)

You're the man Deer Hunter. I replied to your PM. See you next Friday. Thanks again.

Cedar Tree
10-03-2014, 10:44
Looking forward to meeting you on Sunday Deer Hunter.
CT

Deer Hunter
10-03-2014, 13:12
Looking forward to meeting you on Sunday Deer Hunter.
CT

Looking forward to meeting you, also. :)

rafe
10-03-2014, 13:23
NOT based on recent info but there ought to be water at Punchbowl (a pond) and Bryant Ridge (a generous stream) at the very least. Bryant Ridge was fine when I was there in Sept. in a drought year. Johns Hollow and Matts Creek shelters, being low (altitude-wise) the streams near those shelters should be flowing OK.

Studlintsean
10-03-2014, 14:40
NOT based on recent info but there ought to be water at Punchbowl (a pond) and Bryant Ridge (a generous stream) at the very least. Bryant Ridge was fine when I was there in Sept. in a drought year. Johns Hollow and Matts Creek shelters, being low (altitude-wise) the streams near those shelters should be flowing OK.

Thanks Rafe.