PDA

View Full Version : Enlightened Equipment Enigma 20 Quilt Review

Darwin13
10-03-2014, 00:11
I used this quilt for the duration of my thru hike on the PCT. IT was amazing until the very end, though being dirty definitely took away some of the warmth. Though I was ground sleeping, this quilt would also be an AMAZING top quilt for hammock camping.

http://thetraillives.com/2014/10/03/gear-review-enlightened-equipment-enigma-20-quilt/

Nooga
10-05-2014, 10:17
Thanks for an excellent review and congratulations on your hike. I have the Enigma 15 and really like it. I have only used it for about 1200 miles this year and have not had any issues with the stitching in the foot box. I do wish that the quilt was slightly longer. I wonder if the stitching issue is related to the length and maybe putting pressure on the footbox? Or do you think the issue is workmanship, technique, or the type of thread? I did purchase the wide width and have not had any issues with drafts. I am a restless sleeper (left, right, back, etc) and have had issues with other quilts (radial baffles) with the down shifting to the side during the night. With the Enigma, the down stays put due to the linear baffle design.

Dholmblad
10-05-2014, 21:39
I have been wondering if I should pull the trigger on an EE quilt. I was introduced to quilts very recently. Always thought I should avoid down because of moisture, especially since I do 100% of my hiking on the AT. Does anyone use EE quilts on the AT?

Nooga
10-06-2014, 09:22
All of my quilts / sleeping bags are down and the bulk of my hiking is on the AT.

mapman
10-07-2014, 06:04
All of my quilts / sleeping bags are down and the bulk of my hiking is on the AT.

Ditto. And no issues.