PDA

View Full Version : Found imitation Buffs for .99 at Walgreens

Mr. Jowee
10-05-2014, 22:45
Easily the cheapest I've ever seen these. They are the exact same material as the original Buff, but 1/10th the price, and maybe 1" shorter. All the package said is "Multipurpose Bandana." Saw them on an end display near the front of the store. They had several solid colors and one that was a graffiti theme. Looks like they are marketed toward women, but as a bald man I can tell you these are a Godsend. They keep the sweat from running down my face and into my eyes. When the top becomes saturated, I can flip it around. By the time the other side is soaked, the back is dry, and I can keep switching it around that all day. They also keep my scalp from getting sunburnt.

Rocket Jones
10-06-2014, 06:32
Buffs rule. This is a great find, thanks for pointing it out!

Sheriff Cougar
10-13-2014, 22:31
Thanks for the info. I will be looking for these!

Gram Weenie
10-13-2014, 23:07
Thanks for the info,I use Buffs all the time when im fishing or hiking

shelb
10-13-2014, 23:59
I guess I am out of touch. Are "buffs" hankerchiefs? Are they 100 percent cotton?

OwenM
10-14-2014, 00:41
Buffs are polyester tubes than can be configured as a headband, beanie, balaclava, neck gaiter, and a bunch of other ways.
I have 13 of them, and use them for work under a hardhat, mountain biking, kayaking, backpacking, yard work...everything.
First stop when I get off in the morning is Walgreens!

Dogwood
10-14-2014, 14:05
Thanks. I never did get why a small tube of fabric should cost upwards of $10 as I've seen some Buffs cost. Some bandanas are another overpriced item for what they are.

TheYoungOne
10-14-2014, 15:08
Thanks for the heads up. Unlike bandanas, I baby my buff because they are not cheap. The Original Buffs run for $20 when not on sale, and I only have one because it was on sale for $12. For 99 cents, I can wear it, wipe my sweat, dry my pot then throw it in the wash when I get home. If it gets ruined or lost, I'll just buy another one for a buck.

10-K
10-14-2014, 15:13
I'll walk by Walgreens in a few and see how many they have. If they've got a bunch I'll buy several and sell them to anyone who wants to buy one for cost + shipping.

Worse case I'm stuck with 8-10 $0.99 buffs....

10-K
10-14-2014, 15:59
No buffs at ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyFishNut
10-14-2014, 20:42
Thanks for sharing - I'll check my Wal Greens tomorrow. I wear buff's in the summer to keep my neck and face from getting sunburned when flyfishing. Also keeps the bugs from whacking you in the face when doing 35mph my skiff. In the winter time I have a "Polar Fleece" Buff that I paid some obnoxious price for but it works great.

WG's also has this:
http://www.bagbalm.com/

This is the schnitzle - I use it for my feet before a trail run / hike, to prevent chafing on long trail runs (sore nips suk) and just all around balm. Check out their site - they have an interesting history....Bag Balm was born in 1899. The salve was created to help milking cows be comfortable.Look where that's led.
From quilting bees, to hardworking hands, to feet that can go the distance. From outdoor adventures, to furry friends at home. Bag Balm, it seems, is everywhere – and working as hard as ever.

Dogtra
10-14-2014, 20:51
I love buffs too but I'm not sure if I would rush off to buy a $1 knockoff. There are consequences to underselling.

saltysack
10-14-2014, 21:21
I love buffs too but I'm not sure if I would rush off to buy a $1 knockoff. There are consequences to underselling.

Agree...but worth a look...they also make a good pillow cover for my sawyer mini 2 liter water bladder...hope it doesn't leak[emoji97]

wornoutboots
10-14-2014, 22:20
The buff I've been using for years is actually an old hat that I cut an opening in the top. I uses it as a hat, face warmer, neck gaiter, etc. I don't leave without it in the cooler months.

Bearleg
10-21-2014, 10:01
As a football official in Ohio, I bought some this weekend and wore a black one all day Saturday, and Sunday (7 peewee games) and it worked well. Went through wind, rain, and even a little sunshine. Was able to use multible ways.

moshe2
10-21-2014, 22:06
Walmart in Monroe New York have these for 1.89 a piece, I got it there a few times

gravitino
10-21-2014, 23:48
In Amazon, $12 for a four-pack.

Cedar1974
10-24-2014, 11:20
I picked up two of these today on the way to school. I thing they are made of a poly cotton blend. Feels like a shirt sleeve.

Cedar1974
10-25-2014, 11:01
http://buffusa.com/sports/collections/original-buff-reg/styles/original-buff-appalachian-trail Here's one of the originals, and I think this one was made just for us.

Old Hiker
10-25-2014, 11:10
http://buffusa.com/sports/collections/original-buff-reg/styles/original-buff-appalachian-trail Here's one of the originals, and I think this one was made just for us.

Went to Amazon to check the original - did NOT see this one after MANY styles, colors, etc. I LIKE this one !!!

Cedar1974
10-25-2014, 11:26
Went to Amazon to check the original - did NOT see this one after MANY styles, colors, etc. I LIKE this one !!!

I thought people here would like this one, they even have one for the Continental Divide Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail. i wonder how many would actually use the map if they got lost?

Old Hiker
10-25-2014, 11:29
I thought people here would like this one, they even have one for the Continental Divide Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail. i wonder how many would actually use the map if they got lost?

I have my maps and AT Guide for that, but I like the pattern. Ordered two from the Buff store. If they are good, I'll keep them.

MuddyWaters
10-26-2014, 09:30
I dont find that much utility in a buff, but I dont have a bald head.
I find the regular ones are too tight, unless you are a 12 yr old kid or small woman
The XL ones are "almost" OK. Still a hair too tight for face/head sun protection that they are marketed for IMO.
The only use I can really see is as a thin cap

I usually keep a bandana around my neck, to wipe my face, snot, etc. A buff it simply uncomfortably tight to keep there.

OwenM
10-26-2014, 10:27
I find the regular ones are too tight, unless you are a 12 yr old kid or small woman
The XL ones are "almost" OK.Bullcrap. I wear a 7 1/2-7 3/4, as in L-XL in headgear, have a 17+" neck, and have bought 15 regularly sized original and UV Buffs over a period of 5 years. The regular Buff is more than big enough for me, and will easily fit the vast majority of adults

MuddyWaters
10-26-2014, 12:37

Bullcrap. I wear a 7 1/2-7 3/4, as in L-XL in headgear, have a 17+" neck, and have bought 15 regularly sized original and UV Buffs over a period of 5 years. The regular Buff is more than big enough for me, and will easily fit the vast majority of adults

I fail to see what your large head has to do with what anyone else says they find comfortable. Perhaps you only use as a doo rag. Try it as sun protection for face and neck.

OwenM
10-26-2014, 15:30
Perhaps you only use as a doo rag. Try it as sun protection for face and neck.
http://imageshack.com/a/img538/8471/mYcneV.jpg
'Course most small women are probably a lot bigger than I am:rolleyes:

bmanice
10-29-2014, 19:19
Ill keep an eye out thanks.

Adriana
11-18-2014, 16:44
Walgreens in Jasper, Ga has them. Note - they are not near the regular cotton bandannas. They were closer to the front of the store.

Traveler
11-18-2014, 17:52
I fail to see what your large head has to do with what anyone else says they find comfortable. Perhaps you only use as a doo rag. Try it as sun protection for face and neck.

I use these for wind protection on cold days. I like these a lot better than balaclavas and other wraps that are uncomfortable or cause a great deal of moisture to build up. if you set it up right, it does a good job in shielding my entire face from a wind.

Odd Man Out
11-18-2014, 18:51
My wife and I got Buffs (original name brand Buff) for free in the survivor's gift bag we got for walking in the Komen race for the cure this fall. Proud to wear a girly pink buff for my wife (13.5 year survivor as of this month).

Old Hiker
11-18-2014, 23:33
Got my two AT Buffs in the adult large size - too small for me. Was tight under the chin - seemed too thin for what I envisioned.

Oh, well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Back they go. I'll stick with my fleece hood and a bandana.

Adriana
11-19-2014, 16:04
The Walgreens in Jasper, Ga had a fully stocked display rack close to the front of the store. (they are not near the regular bandanas).

swisscross
11-19-2014, 17:23

I too like my buffs.
I just noticed that they raised their prices on the wool ones 10 percent. WOW.