PDA

View Full Version : GPS settings

stilllife
10-07-2014, 09:19
Could someone please help me with these settings on my iPhone ap: Trail Tracker

Stop duration
Checkpoint radius
Distance filter

What are the best settings for saving battery?
Thanks

freightliner
10-07-2014, 10:11
No order for that app to work your phone's going to have to be on all the time and it's going kill the battery every day I don't know if it's worth it there is no battery saving with the GPS

stilllife
10-07-2014, 14:08
I would like to have a user friendly gps with colt screen and digital compass. Any suggestions?

Havana
10-07-2014, 16:04
I carry a battery pack and use my phone. Yes, it's more weight but I find it worth it. I carry a Hyperjuice but there are many out there to chose from.

stilllife
10-07-2014, 16:44
I carry a battery pack and use my phone. Yes, it's more weight but I find it worth it. I carry a Hyperjuice but there are many out there to chose from.

I am trying out a GoalZero Switch. Curious if I can get two charges out of it for my phone.

Another Kevin
10-15-2014, 23:23
For a weekend, I carry a MintyBoost and a pair or two of AA lithium batteries to recharge the phone. For a longer section, I have a NewTrent battery pack. I really like being able to load my own maps to any level of detail, without all the silly restrictions that Garmin has, so the phone's a winner for me. It's still a toy, but I like playing with it.