PDA

View Full Version : Cascade Mountain Tech

10-K
10-09-2014, 18:24
I recently purchased a set of Cascade Mountain Tech carbon fiber trekking poles. When I received them, the straps weren't attached. A pin was missing, as was the instruction sheet for how to attach the straps.

I contacted the company using an email address that contained an actual real person's name and asked if she'd send me the missing pin and an instruction manual. Within an hour received a tracking number and a response saying that replacement top poles with attached straps were on the way.

Received the package today as promised. That's the kind of service I think should be recognized!

The poles: http://www.cascademountaintech.com/product_p/1010.htm

ocourse
10-09-2014, 18:54
Customer Service gets an "A", but Quality Control flunked. 2 items missing in such a package is pretty bad. But customer service can make all the difference in a transaction. Glad you are satisfied!

hikeandbike5
10-09-2014, 19:06
I also have a set of their carbon fiber poles. Great poles!

Will be posting them in the for sale section soon though!

10-K
10-09-2014, 21:11
Agree... I just figured it was my turn on the wheel. :) Glad they had responsive customer service to deal with it.

Leanthree
10-10-2014, 01:53
Once you use them a bit, I'd be interested in your thoughts. They look like a pretty good deal at first glance.

10-K
10-10-2014, 05:13
They're for my wife. I have a spare pair of Black Diamond flip-locks but they're a bit heavy for her IMO. These poles are a lot lighter and aren't so expensive that I had didn't hesitate to buy them.

daddytwosticks
10-10-2014, 07:11
Nice poles at a good price. I'll be needing new poles soon. Let us know how your wife likes them. Thanks. :)