PDA

View Full Version : Black Diamond customer support rocks!!

saltysack
10-10-2014, 10:54
A little while back I bought bd cf ultra distance z poles as we're very light...I managed to slip and snap one of the when trying to catch myself...after I finished my hike I called bd.. They had me send poles in and asked a little about what kind of hiking I did...after a chat they suggested I go with the carbon cork w flip locks..said would ship me those for free...few days later the ergo carbon cork showed up...I wanted the straight grips so I was prepared to ship back but after calling they said just keep those and sent out the correct ones!! Made my son happy now he has s nice set of $150.00 free carbon poles!!! Awesome customer service!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10-K
10-10-2014, 11:06
My customer service can beat up your customer service. :) :)

Seriously though - nice to hear so many stories about good after-the-sale service going on.

saltysack
10-10-2014, 11:09
My customer service can beat up your customer service. :) :)

Seriously though - nice to hear so many stories about good after-the-sale service going on.

Ha...just figured I'd share as I've heard people bash BD customer service......you reminded me a good deed shouldn't go un told[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coffee
10-10-2014, 11:24
BD replaced the lower segment on one of my carbon cork trekking poles even though it didn't appear to be covered under warranty, so I have a good impression of the company.

jjozgrunt
10-12-2014, 08:10
Yep some companies don't get the customer service thing. That is one set of poles replaced (ok 2) that wouldn't have cost them anywhere near $150 dollars and for that they get both word of mouth and postings on hiker bloggs about how great they are. Great advertising for a pittance.
Then we have the companies that won't change a $5 widget that is one day out of warranty. Who are you going to shop with?