PDA

View Full Version : So What's on Sale

HooKooDooKu
10-10-2014, 23:40
Got an email message from CampSaver.com about a 'Warehouse Sale'. Home page shows it too... hundreds of items 50%-75% off.

An I just missing something or is CampSaver REALLY advertizing a sale that they are not going to let you in on what is on sale? I'm sure as heck am NOT searching thru there THOUSANDS of items just to hope to find the few hundred that are on sale.

If that's what they are really doing, it's rather disappointing.... especially given some of the good service I've recently received from them: (Two weeks before a trip, I ordered an Exped camp pillow. Several days after the order was accepted, got an email saying the item was back ordered. Called support and found the expected shipping date would be well after this final trip for the year. They contacted Exped, and a few days later, my pillow was at the front door. Yea CampSaver. Sounds like their support has gotten better in the last few years. Seems like a few years back, they were getting lots of complaints).

The Cleaner
10-11-2014, 09:08
I checked and they seem to be offering things on sale such as XL sized clothes and a few other items that may be discontinued. I've purchased a few things in the past and had good service. Possibly the "sale" is just to get you into their webstore where you may purchase other items in your size or other gear. There may be some good deals there but you will have to spend some time to find them.....

10-K
10-11-2014, 09:50
The problem with sales are when manufacturers choose not to participate. Western Mountaineering and a lot of the other brands you'd buy if you could get them on sale aren't included - not because the store won't include them, but because the brand refuses to participate in the sale.

Old Hiker
10-11-2014, 10:11
Just skimmed campsaver - there are various ways to cut down on the amount of things to go through: search engine, brands, categories, etc. You just have to know pretty much what you are looking for.

If you are starting to buy gear or you are upgrading, you can always just skim through, grab names, Bing for reviews and decide, I guess.

Me: I HATE to "shop". I'm a guy. Go in, grab, PAY (never forget pay, gentlemen !), leave. Even just sitting in from of my computer.