PDA

View Full Version : REI - Members Only - Garage Sale - Indianapolis Location - Saturday October 18th

Woof Shaven
10-14-2014, 20:05
Don't know if this event is national or just local. I heard about it by word of mouth, from a REI salesman.

Garage Sale! Show up at 7:00AM doors open at 8:00AM. (Indianapolis Location)

I can't find confirmation of this event in my email.

Supposedly up to %80 off on anything that was purchased and perhaps used and then returned for any reason over the course of a year.

Could be some broken zippers I guess. Could be some ultra high-end rain gear too. Load up your cart, bandage your knuckles, and hide in a corner while you sort things out.

You must have a membership number to participate.

Can anyone confirm this event is actually happening or is it truly just something happening by word of mouth only? Scoured my email and I can't find any mention of it. Haven't checked my smartphone app for news on it yet.

scrabbler
10-14-2014, 20:41
The website for your store confirms it ...

http://www.rei.com/stores/castleton.html

johnnybgood
10-14-2014, 20:48
National event. Get there real early for the good stuff.

double d
10-14-2014, 21:22
very cool, can never go wrong with buying from REI!

Ktaadn
10-15-2014, 09:01
very cool, can never go wrong with buying from REI!

Not sure what you meant by this, but I thought I would mentions that this is an as-is sale and all sales are final.

Having said that, I have found some outstanding bargins at these sales over the years.

misprof
10-15-2014, 14:46
I would get there early. Here in Richmond VA people start lining up by 6am. I have gone to a couple of them and at times you can seriously score. Carbon Fiber poles for 15 dollars. Some things do have serious defects but if you you are in to DIY the parts themselves can be worth it.