PDA

View Full Version : 10 Day section Dec 8 Pearisburg - Daleville, VA

ednotmilkman
10-15-2014, 12:59
Hi WB Meet Uppers, come join us if you can,

Just picked a date with a hiking buddy to walk from Pearisburg to Daleville, and 43 miles beyond if time allows. This is 93+43 miles and we plan to average 15 mi. per day. I have until Dec 19 to finish but hope to finish a day or two sooner. I'm taking Megabus to Christiansburg, my buddy is driving car to Roanoke and then we use public Smartway Bus to get from Roanoke to Christiansburg, on to Blacksburg where we need hiker shuttle to Pearisburg. Buddy and I have not met in person yet, he saw my last posting in August. He lives in northern VA.

My bus will arrive at 3pm Dec8 and we hope to be shuttled to the TH soon after to camp on the trail the first night. Let me know if you might join us for all or a part. I'm 54 and pretty experienced with this length of section. Be glad to help if you need any advice or to share gear. I would be OK with only 12 miles per day but my buddy, Doug, may not be able to finish the whole section if we slow to that pace. Daylight will be very short so we might decide to extend the walk a bit after dark if we are able.

Also since I don't have to buy a Megabus ticket in advance, I would consider moving the date up a full week, but I don't want to be away from home more than one weekend because of my church commitments.

ednotmilkman
11-23-2014, 19:02
sad to report, but ................. my buddy had to cancel due to his wife's injury. I already bought one bus ticket but not the longer Megabus ticket. So I'm still available for this section any time or possibly a section of your choice. Would love to head out for even a winter hike as I did in 2012.