PDA

View Full Version : Help people of VA (180 miles left and I'm a thru-hiker!)

Das Sloth
10-16-2014, 13:16
Hey team!

Due to some family visits I had to skip the Shenandoah section of my hike. I will be back this November (3rd-ish) with a hiking buddy to finish up.
If there's anyone who'd be able to shuttle us to glasgow/buena vista/front royal I would be eternally grateful. We are running super low on cash but just hit me up with an estimate and I'll let you know if I can afford it. Whether I end up going north or south will depend on this ride.

If I do this last section I will have completed the whole trail in a year! Hope there's someone out there feeling antsy for a drive to the woods

-Das Sloth '14 28657

Pedaling Fool
10-16-2014, 14:25
There's a lady that use to be on here named HikerMom58 http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?95843-Just-Curious-How-far-do-you-live-from-the-AT&highlight=hikermom

Maybe someone else knows how to get into contact with her; I believe she use to give rides to hikers.

illabelle
10-16-2014, 15:53
I have her phone number. I'll send to OP in a PM.
:)

Damn Yankee
10-16-2014, 18:47
You can also try DeerHunter or give this guy a call Aubrey "Piney" Taylor 540-261-6998 or 540-460-3527. Ran into him while shuttling someone to the same area your going. I would do it but, I'll be out of town. This guy seemed really nice and loves to tell stories. If he can't help he knows a lot of others who shuttle.

johnnybgood
10-16-2014, 20:15
There's a lady that use to be on here named HikerMom58 http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?95843-Just-Curious-How-far-do-you-live-from-the-AT&highlight=hikermom

Maybe someone else knows how to get into contact with her; I believe she use to give rides to hikers.

HikerMom still shuttles. She helped me out yesterday, I highly recommend her. Deer Hunter also is an option when available and he is a great guy .

illabelle
10-16-2014, 20:36
HikerMom still shuttles. She helped me out yesterday, I highly recommend her. Deer Hunter also is an option when available and he is a great guy .

Yes, and I sent both numbers. Hopefully one of them can help.
:)

Teacher & Snacktime
10-16-2014, 23:35
You beat me to it, Illabelle! By the way, dinner at the Homeplace last week without you just wasn't the same!

illabelle
10-17-2014, 05:37
You beat me to it, Illabelle! By the way, dinner at the Homeplace last week without you just wasn't the same!

Haha! I'll make it back up there one of these days. We've got lots of miles to do in Virginia. :)

Das Sloth
10-17-2014, 10:48
Thank you everyone for such prompt and helpful responses! The trail provides!
I've gotten in touch with Hiker Mom and we're figuring something out.
Much love <3

Stash
10-18-2014, 19:47
From where? I'm in front royal and can provide shuttles

Das Sloth
10-23-2014, 14:55
From where? I'm in front royal and can provide shuttles

Hi! Just saw this message. I've found a ride to the trail, but you are, conveniently enough, exactly where I would be getting off trail. I'm doing this section super slow so I'll be done 11/22. If you could get us a ride back to DC that would be amazing!