PDA

View Full Version : J-curve Strap v S-curve Strap

Cedar1974
10-18-2014, 16:53
I was looking at the CDT on the ULA website, and I noticed they offer the classic J-curve straps or the S-Curve Straps. Now I know the difference look wise, but is there a difference comfort wise? Is one better for men and the other for women? I'm just curious.

imscotty
10-18-2014, 17:21
Cedar1974,

My understanding is that the 'S' curve offers more comfort for a women's body build. I think that most men go for the 'J' curve straps. That said, in the end I think it comes down to individual comfort. I have a Catalyst with J straps and have been very happy with it. ULA has great customer service and I highly recommend that you also contact them with any questions.

Coffee
10-18-2014, 17:24
I've had the J curve straps on my Catalyst and now on my Circuit. The ULA site (I think in one of the videos) suggests that the S curve is more comfortable for women.

Cedar1974
10-18-2014, 17:40
OK, I thought it might be something like that.

tiptoe
10-18-2014, 19:28
Contact the company and tell them your upper body measurements: shoulders, chest/bust, etc. They can advise you which straps would be better for you.

redseal
10-19-2014, 09:31
I agree with the comments above. However, I actually have the CDT and Circuit with S straps even though I am a guy. I do not consider myself as having a huge upper body build, but I find that the S straps work well with my broad-ish shoulders. ULA is pretty good. I believe you can get different straps if you are unhappy with your original purchase.

tiptoe
10-19-2014, 10:11
And I, female, am fine with the J-straps.

colorado_rob
10-19-2014, 10:16
I agree with the comments above. However, I actually have the CDT and Circuit with S straps even though I am a guy. I do not consider myself as having a huge upper body build, but I find that the S straps work well with my broad-ish shoulders. ULA is pretty good. I believe you can get different straps if you are unhappy with your original purchase.After describing my build to Chris at ULA, slender with broad-ish shoulders as well, he recommended the S straps for my OHM 2 purchase some time ago (and I'm male).