PDA

View Full Version : GoLite is in Chapter 11 bankruptcy

levibarry
10-18-2014, 17:38
I just saw that GoLite is in Chapter 11 bankruptcy and has closed all stores outside Colorado.

That would explain why people are having a tough time getting ChromeDome umbrellas.

That's too bad as I liked those stores and their "direct" prices. Can't say I'm too surprised as their efforts to buck the system by selling direct was probably a tough road.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-business/ci_26750326/boulder-based-golite-files-chapter-11-bankruptcy-reorganization

Mike/GoalTech

I just copied this information from the PCT-L just in case people had problems with orders or anything. Sounds like they will be back though.

levibarry

Coffee
10-18-2014, 17:42
That's unfortunate. I visited the store in Durango back in August and wondered a bit about how they afford such prime real estate given what appeared to be low foot traffic in the store. But very friendly people working there and good prices on gear. I guess they are keeping the Durango store.

10-K
10-18-2014, 17:44
Maybe they'd have more cash flow if they:

a) Weren't always out of stock on their best sellers and
b) Didn't discontinue their best stuff (my opinion....)

Hate to see it - I like their brand.

Sarcasm the elf
10-18-2014, 17:44
That's sad. I liked them, who knows what kind of company they'll emerge as...

Just speculating, but I wonder if this will force them to begin selling wholesale to larger stores like REI or EMS once they emerge. Personally I'd love to see a company that makes real UL gear get widespread distribution, maybe it's something they'll consider.

Malto
10-18-2014, 17:54
Maybe they'd have more cash flow if they:

a) Weren't always out of stock on their best sellers and
b) Didn't discontinue their best stuff (my opinion....)

Hate to see it - I like their brand.

Agree with the two above and would add another....... If you're claim to fame is lightweight gear, don't add weight. The Golite Jam peaked out back in 2008 and has steadily become GoHeavy.

Cedar1974
10-18-2014, 18:35
Agree with the two above and would add another....... If you're claim to fame is lightweight gear, don't add weight. The Golite Jam peaked out back in 2008 and has steadily become GoHeavy.

Well now the Golite Jam is GoneLite, they are sold out accordign to the website. and everything right now it 50% off, most likely to liquify everything for the Bankruptcy.

Coffee
10-18-2014, 18:48
Everything I've ever wanted to buy has been out of stock. So inventory management may have been one of their issues.

rocketsocks
10-18-2014, 19:44
With so many looking for the lowest possible price, amazon, e-bay, ect...is it any wonder.

Sarcasm the elf
10-18-2014, 20:49
Everything I've ever wanted to buy has been out of stock. So inventory management may have been one of their issues.

If they really owed their suppliers the amounts of money listed in the article, it could explain why they out of stock so often...just sayin...

Tipi Walter
10-18-2014, 21:58
Probably be bought out by Monsanto.

Sarcasm the elf
10-18-2014, 22:03
Probably be bought out by Monsanto.

GoLite doesn't do enough environmental damage to peak Monsanto's interest...

Tipi Walter
10-18-2014, 22:19
GoLite doesn't do enough environmental damage to peak Monsanto's interest...

I'm sure Monsanto could transform GoLite. Let's study The North Face---
** Started in 1968 in San Francisco.
** Odyssey Holdings acquired NF in 1988.
** Purchased in 1994 by J.H. Whitney and Co.
** NF on verge of bankruptcy in 2000 was acquired by Vanity Fare (VF Corp).

Brands of VF Corp---

http://www.vfc.com/brands

Dogwood
10-18-2014, 22:27

While I agree GoLite doesn't have a complete market line up of the absolutely lightest wt cutting edge UL gear as it once had I believe this occurred for the same reason that it has occurred in some other UL cottage gear companies with SOME gear pieces - there is a market that serves people that desire a balance in gear that takes into account durabilty, price, features, wt, etc AND NOT JUST OFFERING THE LIGHTEST WT PRICIEST MINMALIST UL GEAR THAT IS OFTEN USED LARGELY IN THE SHORT TERM AND THEN TRASHED. Plus, GoLite is competing more than ever in the UL market place.

Dogwood
10-18-2014, 22:32
Also, I do believe GoLite, as with several other gear companies, still manufacture their products in countries, in part or entirely, NOT in China. China's Labor costs are hard to compete against for many companies.

Tuckahoe
10-18-2014, 22:45
Well, their packs are made the Philippines.

Dogwood
10-18-2014, 22:47
And, at least at one time, a good amount of their gear was manufactured in Vietnam.

Praha4
10-18-2014, 23:22
I'll hang on to my Golite shirts, maybe worth something some day on eBay

Mags
10-19-2014, 12:28
Wrote this earlier:

Normally, the fate of gear companies really does not concern me. But, being up the road from me quite literally, I took a little more interest. Plus that fact that it is a beautiful fall Sunday and I have to work. ;)

We'll see what happens. GoLite's main problem, IMO, is that they did know what they wanted to be. Half-way between cottage gear and REI gear? Eddie Bauer "life-style" type fashions?

They are a fairly small company. They have to concentrate on one market and do it well. Not several markets with gear/clothing that does not stand out. I have some of their lifestyle clothing (Button downs, short sleeves and so on) and while it is nice, I only bought it because it was on clearance. A button down gray oxford ain't too hard to find. ;)

Likewise, with their Tumalo and Bitterroot. On sale and clearance, they were excellent buys. At their current full price of $80 and $200 respectively, there are other options that may be better. If they can rediscover their original idea of "champagne gear at beer prices", (as opposed to "good white wine at expensive craft beer prices" :) ) with some good innovations, they may regain their footing.

Offshore
10-19-2014, 13:45
Wrote this earlier:

GoLite's main problem, IMO, is that they did know what they wanted to be.

I think its more fundamental than that. Regardless of what they wanted to be, they never seemed to have very much of their catalog in stock and actually available for sale on the website. One thing REI, Eddie Bauer and a legion of cottage gear companies have in common is that they seem to understand that one needs to have inventory and make actual sales to make a profit. I hate to see any small business fail, but it really doesn't get much more basic than that.

Offshore
10-19-2014, 13:47
Double post - deleted

Mags
10-19-2014, 15:32
I think its more fundamental than that. Regardless of what they wanted to be, they never seemed to have very much of their catalog in stock and actually available for sale on the website. One thing REI, Eddie Bauer and a legion of cottage gear companies have in common is that they seem to understand that one needs to have inventory and make actual sales to make a profit. I hate to see any small business fail, but it really doesn't get much more basic than that.

REI and Eddie Bauer can focus on a combo of gear/life style selections.

Cottage gear manufacturers can/are laser focused on gear only.

Even if GoLite had every item in stock, who do they appeal to? A niche of a niche. The lightweight items are heavier than cottage gear. Their gear is a bit "out there" for REI type consumers. The other items (mainly clothing) meant to compete with Montbell, Patagonia et al are too expensive for what you get at their normal prices. And their life style clothing is nothing special at normal prices.

Mind you, I have all of the above GoLite stuff, but bought them on clearance when the prices were competitive.

What is their market? If I had a full inventory of a bunch of widgets that only a small amount of people want, does not matter. I am still facing issues.

I suspect they did not have a lot of items in stock because they wanted to be too many things to too many people. Since funding obviously was a problem, I suspect if they had a clearer focus, their supply chain may not have been as much an issue. Town fleeces or good shelters? GoLite was/is too small to do both effectively.

Being out of stock did not help..but you have to ask, WHY were they out of stock? Since they filed Chapter 11, seems "fundzalow" was the reason. See above why I think that is the reason.

But this is all supposition. :)

rickb
10-19-2014, 15:58
Here is a thread started by Andrew Skurka not so long ago:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?83994-GoLite-s-President-Demetri-Coupounas-talks-company-strategy-amp-product-design

Offshore
10-19-2014, 17:50
REI and Eddie Bauer can focus on a combo of gear/life style selections. Cottage gear manufacturers can/are laser focused on gear only. Even if GoLite had every item in stock, who do they appeal to? :)

It doesn't matter who they appeal to. If the way they make money (and stay in business) is sales of clothing and equipment, they can't do this if they have no inventory to sell. They may be great designers with a dedicated fan base, but if you can't get your product to market, it really doesn't matter. Game over - time for the next UL flavor of the day. There are plenty of cottage manufacturers that get both the design and the order fulfillment right, so its not exactly unheard of. GL may be better off partnering their design philosophy with someone who, while they appreciate the design philosophy, can also get the designs produced, marketed, and sold. Sorry, philosophy alone - no matter how noble - isn't good enough to run a successful business when reality is out there ready to bite.

10-K
10-19-2014, 19:44
I have been making jokes for over a year right here on WB about GoLite being the "Everything you want is out of stock" store.

Agree... it doesn't matter how muddled your business model is - if you don't have product you can't make money.

Mags
10-19-2014, 21:00
It doesn't matter who they appeal to. If the way they make money (and stay in business) is sales of clothing and equipment, they can't do this if they have no inventory to sell..

Sigh. Yeah..but if they have very few people willing to buy their scattered thinned out and not focused inventory..what does it matter?

Again, WHY are they out of stock? Do you really, truly, honestly think they purposely are out of stock in the past 6 months because they want to be? They are out of stock because they plum run out of money.

And why did they run out of money? I believe the "out of stock" syndrome is a symptom of running out of money...NOT the cause.

:)

Sorry, philosophy alone - no matter how noble - isn't good enough to run a successful business when reality is out there ready to bite.

..and again, what are they out of stock? Perhaps funds? And why are they out of funds? :) It was different situation 6+ months ago for sure. Just saying.

lonehiker
10-20-2014, 00:04
..and again, what are they out of stock? Perhaps funds? And why are they out of funds? :) It was different situation 6+ months ago for sure. Just saying.

This situation didn't happen only within the last 6+ months. It was probably a few years in the making.

Offshore
10-20-2014, 05:14
Sigh. Yeah..but if they have very few people willing to buy their scattered thinned out and not focused inventory..what does it matter?

Again, WHY are they out of stock? Do you really, truly, honestly think they purposely are out of stock in the past 6 months because they want to be? They are out of stock because they plum run out of money.

Scattered and unfocused have nothing to do with it - you're getting too hung up on the product itself. There's nothing particularly special about UL gear in terms of running a business - except perhaps a smaller more fickle customer base. They are out of stock because they are evidently bad businesspeople. In the case of GL, I'd suspect that they are undercapitalized, uncertain of where they want to be in the retail channel (wholesale selling to established retailer, running their own stores, fire sale on the web site, etc.), and reliant on supply chains that they increasingly moved overseas, leaving them unable to respond to changes in demand in a timely manner. It seems like when the new designs came out, they ordered some of everything and crossed their fingers. Some SKUs sold out, some wound up on clearance, and some potential customers (like me) just stopped wasting time even looking. Likewise, if I were a retailer carrying GL and they couldn't fill my orders, I wouldn't be carrying them for very long. There's plenty of good gear out there - some of it even from the big manufacturers.

Mags
10-20-2014, 11:51
Scattered and unfocused have nothing to do with it - you're getting too hung up on the product itself. T

Hmm..are you looking in the mirror? :) You keep on mentioning the product being "out of stock" :D

I guess you think that "the out of stock" is the cause. I think it is merely a symptom of ....

In the case of GL, I'd suspect that they are undercapitalized, uncertain of where they want to be in the retail channel (wholesale selling to established retailer, running their own stores, fire sale on the web site, etc.), and reliant on supply chains that they increasingly moved overseas, leaving them unable to respond to changes in demand in a timely manner. It seems like when the new designs came out, they ordered some of everything and crossed their fingers.

Hey we agree!

RED-DOG
10-20-2014, 12:05
Go-Lite and Z-Packs should combine and be known as Pack-Lite.

Coffee
10-20-2014, 12:36
Go-Lite and Z-Packs should combine and be known as Pack-Lite.
I suspect zPacks is swimming in cash flow.

Mags
10-20-2014, 12:59
As a side note, looks like the Boulder retail store will be up for lease.

Who knows what the next step is....

useless trivia: The author of the Camera article was a guest at my wedding. :) Met her for a beer last night.

Sarcasm the elf
10-20-2014, 14:34
I'm sure Monsanto could transform GoLite. Let's study The North Face---
** Started in 1968 in San Francisco.
** Odyssey Holdings acquired NF in 1988.
** Purchased in 1994 by J.H. Whitney and Co.
** NF on verge of bankruptcy in 2000 was acquired by Vanity Fare (VF Corp).

Brands of VF Corp---

http://www.vfc.com/brands

I finally got a chance to look at that link, it made me sad.

Dogwood
10-20-2014, 20:11
It's Chap 11 folks, not necessarily the end of the world for GoLite. Maybe. Maybe not. It's what companies often do to protect themsleves from debtors by reorganizing and refinancing. Several very large and many smaller companies have successfully emerged from Chap 11. We will see.

hikeandbike5
10-20-2014, 21:15
I suspect zPacks is swimming in cash flow.
this better be a joke.

Coffee
10-20-2014, 21:20
this better be a joke.
No, I'm guessing that it is a hell of a good business. They make excellent products combined with the best customer service and have very local customers. That's what makes a successful business.

Sarcasm the elf
10-20-2014, 21:20
this better be a joke.

I'd be interested if you could eloborate.

hikeandbike5
10-20-2014, 21:21
That's sad. I liked them, who knows what kind of company they'll emerge as...

Just speculating, but I wonder if this will force them to begin selling wholesale to larger stores like REI or EMS once they emerge. Personally I'd love to see a company that makes real UL gear get widespread distribution, maybe it's something they'll consider.
Ems used to carry some golite stuff, maybe they still do. I tried on a golite jam 50 there in 2006 side-by-side with a atmos 50 and ended up with the atmos..

hikeandbike5
10-20-2014, 21:26
Anyways, I think golite went astray when they moved away from their core line of cutting edge ultralight products. Remember their original 6 or 7 products and their derivatives?

Also, anyone remember the golite / ray jardine beef, complete with each side posting open letters / responses to the other on their respective websites? Can't imagine
I went to a UL hiking talk a bunch of years ago where demetri "coup" spoke, someone asked a question about the jardine situation and he refused to comment on it..a bit of an awkward silence after that.

Mags
10-20-2014, 21:49
re: Jardine and Coup feud

I remember those letters well.

Some interesting view points from both sides. :)

rickb
10-20-2014, 21:49
Anyways, I think golite went astray when they moved away from their core line .

They sure had guts signing all those store leases.

Most people avoid risk and just take a paycheck.

Too bad the suppliers and landlords got screwed, though.

Old Grouse
10-21-2014, 11:04
Remember, this is a Chapter 11 Reorganization filing, not Chapter 7 liquidation. That means they have hopes of trying to stay alive. Although many re-orgs fail and become 7s, don't be burying them yet.

lonehiker
10-21-2014, 11:34
Remember, this is a Chapter 11 Reorganization filing, not Chapter 7 liquidation. That means they have hopes of trying to stay alive. Although many re-orgs fail and become 7s, don't be burying them yet.

About 1/4 survive it. So the odds aren't in their favor.

NY HIKER 50
10-21-2014, 18:39

And why did they run out of money? I believe the "out of stock" syndrome is a symptom of running out of money...NOT the cause.

here is my spin,
You are partly right. Manufacturers will stop delivery of goods and demand COD and if you cannot pay,, they don't deliver at all! That's where they may stand right now.

Mags
10-21-2014, 19:57
\Manufacturers will stop delivery of goods and demand COD and if you cannot pay,, they don't deliver at all! That's where they may stand right now.

The numbers aren't good for sure...1.3 million to one company:
http://dytbxbqvpce4z.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/GoLiteBankruptcy01.pdf

memphistiger02
10-22-2014, 10:57
I always wanted to try their Imogene tent but it wasnt ever in stock.

mudsocks
10-22-2014, 11:18
The numbers aren't good for sure...1.3 million to one company:
http://dytbxbqvpce4z.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/GoLiteBankruptcy01.pdf

Yikes. I wonder what their revenue stream looked like in 2013 or 2012.

jjozgrunt
10-27-2014, 18:20
I have seen news reports that Go Lite is seeking or has Chapter 11 protection. Wait and see on how it all pans out.

http://www.snewsnet.com/news/golite-files-for-chapter-11-reorganization-bankruptcy/

map man
10-27-2014, 18:43
There's already a thread started on that. Here's the link:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/106935-GoLite-is-in-Chapter-11-bankruptcy

Mags
10-27-2014, 20:13
Yikes. I wonder what their revenue stream looked like in 2013 or 2012.

Well, looks like your question is answered in this article:
http://www.snewsnet.com/news/timberland-terminates-golite-trademark-golite-moves-to-liquidate-unless-competing-bid-arises/

But, more importantly, looks like GoLite is liquidating after all...unless a buyer can be found. Based on the article, no one has bitten yet.

Tuckahoe
10-27-2014, 20:26
From the article --

Throughout its years, the company also took advantage of unconventional business strategies. In 2006, the brand sold the GoLite trademark and its footwear line to Timberland, which then licensed back the name to GoLite, and later sold the footwear business to New England Footwear.

Today’s GoLite Footwear is a separate entity and not part of the bankruptcy or GoLite business. It’s trademark contract with Timberland continues.

Officials with Timberland, now owned by VF Corp., confirmed that the company still owns the GoLite trademark, but declined to comment further. Court documents list Timberland on the list of unsecured creditors owed money by GoLite.

Could one of you more educated Iin business than I am explain the wisdom of selling a company's trademake only to lease it back.

Sarcasm the elf
10-27-2014, 20:34
From the article --

Could one of you more educated Iin business than I am explain the wisdom of selling a company's trademake only to lease it back.

Sale and Leaseback areangements are fairly common in commercial real estate these days, however I'm not too famiar with them being used in the case of a trademark. Either way, here's the general explanation:

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/leaseback.asp

LeasebackDEFINITION OF 'LEASEBACK'
An arrangement where the seller of an asset leases back the same asset from the purchaser. In a leaseback arrangement, the specifics of the arrangement are made immediately after the sale of the asset, with the amount of the payments and the time period specified. Essentially, the seller of the asset becomes the lessee and the purchaser becomes the lessor in this arrangement.

INVESTOPEDIA EXPLAINS 'LEASEBACK'
A leaseback arrangement is useful when companies need to un-tie the cash invested in an asset for other investments, but the asset is still needed in order to operate. Leaseback deals can also provide the seller with additional tax deductions. The lessor benefits in that they will receive stable payments for a specified period of time.

Also known as a "sale and leaseback."

hikeandbike5
10-27-2014, 21:59
honestly golite started to go downhill when they sold/were bought out by timberland.

lemon b
10-28-2014, 00:14
Being in the numbers business for many years and having purchased from Go-lite I have the feeling they will be going into Seven. Usually the reason someone like go-lite is out of stock is because they haven't been paying their suppliers. As far as I know they do not do their own Manf., so now it will be up to the courts to see what percent goes to the suppliers. My bet would be pretty much zero. The lawyers of course are right at the front of the line as are the banks. All go-lite has to sell is a list of customers who liked what they sold. Whoever was making their product certainly will not anymore. I have a mid down jacket I got for 99 bucks. Got what I paid for no great wait. The Jam50 I had to wait for and it wasn't really my thing so I gave it to my niece. I think the successful gear companies in the lightweight equipment market are going to be the small businesses who pay attention to detail and have the patience to deal with a fussy market. I see the prices of good lightweight equipment going one way... up. Just not something most of us are going to be able to buy. Also, I've noticed most ultralight equipment has a short useful life. Pretty quick I can see this being a "make to order pre-pay type of business. We're not going to be seeing any ultra lite manfacturs having common stock shares traded on the open markets.

Busky2
10-28-2014, 00:38
Agree with lemon b after reading the filing and trying to buy unsuccessfully several times it looks like the dice are going to be rolling up a unlucky no. 7 for them.

Ground Control
10-28-2014, 08:42
GoLite had a 3-day Scratch & Dent Sale in Lakewood, CO last week. I was looking forward to it, but the sale was quite telling.

The middle of their store in Colorado Mills Mall was full of "scratch and dent" items which were actually all returns collected from their other CO store locations. The reason for the return was listed on each item - after reading many of them I felt even more skeptical of buying their products. Some of the items I saw included Higher-end sleeping bags where the stitching came undone on the first trip, and packs where the same thing had happened. One pair of pants was marked down for a "button that was too sharp" - and oddly enough, it was a curiously sharp metal button. Overall, I had to question if I wanted to even invest ~50% of sticker value on equipment that a)may well prove to be defective, and b)has a hazy future for repairs and returns.

I hate to kick them when they are down, but reading the reasons for all of those returned items was enough to run me off. I bought nothing.

Tuckahoe
10-28-2014, 09:06
Sale and Leaseback areangements are fairly common in commercial real estate these days, however I'm not too famiar with them being used in the case of a trademark. Either way, here's the general explanation:

I get sale and leaseback for real estate. It just seems rather logical in so many cases. I just do not get the wisdom of a sale and leaseback of trademarks. Trademarks to me seems to be the identity and soul of a company.

honestly golite started to go downhill when they sold/were bought out by timberland.

From the article Timberland did not buy Go-lite buy their trademarks. Although it does come off to me that it would be a sign the company was hard up for cash. But I am no MBA either.

BillyGr
10-28-2014, 15:37
All go-lite has to sell is a list of customers who liked what they sold. Whoever was making their product certainly will not anymore.

Wouldn't they also sell the designs for how to make the items - after all if someone bought a list of customers they might want to be able to know how to make the items the customers bought?

hikeandbike5
10-28-2014, 22:03
From the article Timberland did not buy Go-lite buy their trademarks. Although it does come off to me that it would be a sign the company was hard up for cash. But I am no MBA either.
correct, my post had incorrect facts.

here's a magazine article from 2007 detailing the sale and some interesting info & backstory on golite and timberland: http://www.inc.com/magazine/20070301/features-deal-playing-hard-to-get_pagen_2.html

bamboo bob
10-28-2014, 22:05
Go-lite became just another clothing store.

lemon b
10-28-2014, 22:15
Have to look at Balance Sheet details Billy Gr usually designs are licenced to engineers or designers. If they worked fro go-lite and have value they will be listed as an asset at cost.

Tuckahoe
10-28-2014, 22:58
correct, my post had incorrect facts.

here's a magazine article from 2007 detailing the sale and some interesting info & backstory on golite and timberland: http://www.inc.com/magazine/20070301/features-deal-playing-hard-to-get_pagen_2.html

Thank you for posting that link! And now it makes sense to me.

Do you think that Timberland impacted Go-Lite negatively?

MuddyWaters
10-28-2014, 23:06
Wouldn't they also sell the designs for how to make the items - after all if someone bought a list of customers they might want to be able to know how to make the items the customers bought?

Except they constantly changed things . when there was something people liked, they got rid of it. They themselves didn't know. They were always looking for a cheaper product to market to a wider group of buyers IMO. In the end, they failed.

I'm not sure how all the offshore mfg works, but I suspect a lot is just mfg designs with small tweaks and labels. Not a lot of proprietary design on the retailers part. Common to see the same item sold as a different brand sometimes.

Right now I'm wearing one of my much loved but discontinued golite Wildwood trail running shirts. 3.2 oz, best cut of any synthetic tee-shirt I've had

Connie
11-11-2014, 13:26
Oh man, GoLite has my money for the ShangriLa3. They said, they would get green in, again, after the first of the year.
My previous ShangriLa3 was stolen, along with absolutely everything else. I have been recovering, making purchases of things I really, really like. I really, really like the ShangriLa3 for camping.
I may seem "rich" because I find great gear, but I do not pay retail, often making my purchase after that great product is on the market a year or two. I also frequent a "discount" store in portland, OR. I have to dig deep to pay retail.
Refund? or reorganization?

lostinfflood
11-12-2014, 06:35
They have my Tumolo Rain jacket I sent in for an exchange. They told me to send it in since it was no longer water repellant. I've spoken to customer service about it and they keep promising a refund. I don't expect anything at this point but I don't like to be lead on.

Bags4266
11-14-2014, 15:22
Just got an email from Golite. Their going out of business closing all stores and online. Bankruptcy selling everything for 20 percent off.

atmilkman
11-14-2014, 15:26
I'm unable to get the website to open. Anyone else having trouble or anyone getting on?

bamboo bob
11-14-2014, 15:26
When they were the only lite gear alternative they were great. Then they turned into a clothing store like EMS and Eddie Bauer and Abercrombie & Fitch before them. It's tough to stay a gear store and survive.

Grey Ghost
11-14-2014, 15:28
I'm unable to get the website to open. Anyone else having trouble or anyone getting on?Same here. Not able to pull it up.

rhjanes
11-14-2014, 15:30
won't open either. Last I was on their site, just within the last 10 days, everything I was interested in was "Out of stock".....
they should just post a spread sheet of their inventory and sizes....................

atmilkman
11-14-2014, 15:31
Same here. Not able to pull it up.
I'll almost bet it's not online anymore.

Franco
11-14-2014, 16:41
This is why :
http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-business/ci_26932471

Connie
11-14-2014, 19:30
I had my refund, I spent on a Hammock Gear Burrow 20.

I think if you sent an email, using their contact information at the website... That is what I did.

I hope Golite makes it back for "direct sales".

I think having multiple store fronts is not a good plan for a niche market like our special interest.

Matt65
11-14-2014, 22:14
Got this email today....and the website is down.

GoLite.com is currently experiencing technical difficulties due to increased traffic. We will be back up as soon as possible. We are sorry for the inconvenience

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/14/9e2f06e3bb46dc66defade180a59f18c.jpg

Connie
11-14-2014, 22:36
I put on another thread about GoLite...

I got my refund.

scrabbler
11-14-2014, 23:21
Never seemed to have anything in the size I wanted, doubt a blowout sale would be any better. Good luck.

lostinfflood
11-15-2014, 05:31
I received a call from Go Lite yesterday about a jacket I had sent back in August for an exchange. Since they never got the new shipment in they decided to refund me the money.I'm waiting for that to be processed but I was pleasantly surprised. I would have preferred the new jacket since I really did like it but I think they did the right thing by me.

Offshore
11-16-2014, 10:22
If you paid by credit card, I'd dispute the charge based on non-receipt of merchandise and see what happens. (Its unusual and a bad sign that they charged your card prior to shipping.) However, if you paid by check or by credit card, you may just have to join the group of creditors, depending on where they are in the bankruptcy process. Once in bankruptcy, payment to creditors is controlled by the bankruptcy court, so GoLite may not be legally permitted to issue refunds.

Edit: Just read Connie got a refund, so never mind.....

Connie
11-16-2014, 13:41
I was in communication. I wanted Evergreen, I'd had before theft. I got Bamboo, I returned, requesting Evergreen. They said, they don't expect Evergreen until 2015, do you want a refund or wait. We have others waiting. I said, I'll wait. Then, I heard about the Chapter 11. I know Chapter 11 doesn't necessarily mean going-out-of-business.

I stayed in touch. I got "cold feet" when I read about the "repair" in this thread.

I feel the owners are decent people, who have hired, for the most part, decent people.

Maybe that employee didn't know what to say, and, stalled off the customer?

As for me, I am hoping GoLite gets going, again, better than ever.

Mags
11-16-2014, 14:24
Beware of so-called liquidation prices

From reddit... Originally $139...jacked up to $179 for the "sale"

https://imgur.com/a/uRHPA

strawbale
11-16-2014, 14:27
Since the site is back up has anyone else had trouble ordering? I tried ordering yesterday morning and last evening. Both times after placing my order I got a message that $.01 was due on my order with a link to "pay now." The total mysteriously jumped one cent after clicking on the button to complete the payment When trying to make that additional $.01 payment I got the message that it was declined because amount needed to be greater than $.00 and not more than $.01 ?!?!? which of course is the amount I had entered. I didn't get any confirmation e-mail, so I'm assuming neither order went through. I'm sure hoping they didn't BOTH go through. Also, as I was adding things to the shopping cart I got the message that if I order more than $100. then I would get free shipping and an additional 15% off. How does one get that 15% off to show? Anyone else have similar experiences or found a way through?

jwright
11-16-2014, 17:27
NO surprise there. Golite has always been all over the place with their prices. I think during one sale the Selkirks were down to ~100.

hikeandbike5
11-16-2014, 17:31

ugh, just another reason why golite couldn't go out of business any faster.

Connie
11-16-2014, 21:30
I think the stock is turned over to liqidators. Liquidators jack up prices.

This happened to a sporting goods store, in Oregon.

The store owners have no say, with liquidators.

Sometimes, they get to have their employees stay on until the doors are closed. That is about as good as it gets. That is what happened in Oregon to a different store.

strawbale
11-17-2014, 19:42
Since the site is back up has anyone else had trouble ordering? I tried ordering yesterday morning and last evening. Both times after placing my order I got a message that $.01 was due on my order with a link to "pay now." The total mysteriously jumped one cent after clicking on the button to complete the payment When trying to make that additional $.01 payment I got the message that it was declined because amount needed to be greater than $.00 and not more than $.01 ?!?!? which of course is the amount I had entered. I didn't get any confirmation e-mail, so I'm assuming neither order went through. I'm sure hoping they didn't BOTH go through. Also, as I was adding things to the shopping cart I got the message that if I order more than $100. then I would get free shipping and an additional 15% off. How does one get that 15% off to show? Anyone else have similar experiences or found a way through?

Update— I was not able to get through to customer service this morning by phone or chat. Late this afternoon I got through via Chat after a ten minute wait, even though the updates were saying someone would be with me in 7 seconds.... Both my orders had actually placed, even though I hadn't gotten any confirmation. He then cancelled the wrong order and could not redo that. So he cancelled the other one as well and I placed a third order which went through okay. Now, hoping I get the goods.

Matt65
08-19-2015, 21:05
GoLite founders raising up to $1.4M to revive product line with My Trail Co.

http://bizwest.com/golite-founders-raising-up-to-1-4m-to-revive-product-line-with-my-trail-co/

1azarus
10-06-2015, 11:06
I just watched most of My Trail Company's online promotional. I was impressed and wish Coupounas well. If I were a Colorado resident I would be tempted to invest a little as a healthier alternative to fantasy football.

Mags
10-06-2015, 11:31
I just watched most of My Trail Company's online promotional. I was impressed and wish Coupounas well. If I were a Colorado resident I would be tempted to invest a little as a healthier alternative to fantasy football.

I am a Colorado resident.

Call me silly, but I'd be hesitant to invest in a company where its predecessor defaulted a fair amount on its creditors....

1azarus
10-06-2015, 12:10
I am a Colorado resident.

Call me silly, but I'd be hesitant to invest in a company where its predecessor defaulted a fair amount on its creditors....

fine. silly. so there.

Shutterbug
10-06-2015, 12:55
I am no longer a Colorado resident, but even if I were, that isn't an "opportunity" that would attract my investment money. The "upside" is capped at 10% (not compounded) plus a 20% discount on purchases. The "downside" is 100%. That isn't an investment I would go for even if management had a good track record for business decisions.

I do wish them well. I have been a frequent customer in the past and will probably buy their products if they find enough investors.