PDA

View Full Version : GoLite's Galaxy

illusionistG
10-18-2005, 16:16
Anyone out there try GoLite's Galaxy model? What do you think? I'm looking at that model or Granite Gear's Nimbus Ozone to hike with.

Oracle
10-18-2005, 17:37
I haven't used the Galaxy, but I have the Nimbus Ozone, and it's the most comfortable pack I've ever used. It may weigh more than some packs, but the weight is less noticeable because of how well the framesheet distributes the weight.

illusionistG
10-18-2005, 18:12
Did it bother you that there are no external pockets with the Nimbus Ozone? I've heard accessibility can be an issue depending on how you pack. I've tested the Ozone and agree that the framesheet is one of the best in the business.
I haven't used the Galaxy, but I have the Nimbus Ozone, and it's the most comfortable pack I've ever used. It may weigh more than some packs, but the weight is less noticeable because of how well the framesheet distributes the weight.

Oracle
10-18-2005, 23:29
There actually are two pockets on the bottom outside of the Nimbus Ozone, but they are elastic, and have no positive closure like a zipper or velcro, so they're better for something like a water bottle.

Truthfully, I don't really find external pockets that useful. When I'm wearing a pack, I can't easily get to the external pockets anyway, because they're behind me, and when I've got the pack off, it's just as easy to open it up and get something if I need to than to open a pocket. So, the lack of a lot of external pockets isn't an issue for me.