PDA

View Full Version : Pot/Mug that fits a large canister

Minos
10-25-2014, 16:44
Hi There,

I am looking for the smallest pot/mug that could hold a 220-250 gas canisters from Primus/Gigapower/Coleman.
It is my understanding that a diameter around 11.2cm is the smallest possible? I am looking at volume of 0.85L to 1.4L for 2 and occasionally 1 person cooking (mostly boiling).

Any field experience?

The Evernew 1.3L seems popular but I believe the Canister will stick out, meaning no lid during transport. I like something that can be closed for transport.

It looks like the Toaks one in 115mm diameter are about the right size but I am still fishing for some ideas and I heard that the toaks can be a bit tricky? (handle melting)

Also any idea about a hard anodized aluminum pan in about the same dimension that could fit well within or stacked with the pot?
I like titanium for the smallest weight to boil water but I have much more trouble understanding the concept of titanium frypan. You don't boil water in a frypan and anything else "less liquid" will burn...

Thanks for any help

Minos

Minos
10-25-2014, 22:39
Hi There,

I am looking for the smallest pot/mug that could hold a 220-250 gas canisters from Primus/Gigapower/Coleman.
It is my understanding that a diameter around 11.2cm is the smallest possible? I am looking at volume of 0.85L to 1.4L for 2 and occasionally 1 person cooking (mostly boiling).

Any field experience?

The Evernew 1.3L seems popular but I believe the Canister will stick out, meaning no lid during transport. I like something that can be closed for transport.

It looks like the Toaks one in 115mm diameter are about the right size but I am still fishing for some ideas and I heard that the toaks can be a bit tricky? (handle melting)

Also any idea about a hard anodized aluminum pan in about the same dimension that could fit well within or stacked with the pot?
I like titanium for the smallest weight to boil water but I have much more trouble understanding the concept of titanium frypan. You don't boil water in a frypan and anything else "less liquid" will burn...

Thanks for any help

Minos

I think this answers my question. In fact, the 1.3L evernew can fit the 220 canister upside down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNl8uu0oP24

Now off to look for an appropriate hard-anodized alu that could be stacked on this...

The Cleaner
10-26-2014, 09:04
28767 This 1100ml Ti pot should work. It holds my Svea just perfect. I think it's about 4.5 inches wide. Got it from S&C....

Minos
10-26-2014, 13:57
28767 This 1100ml Ti pot should work. It holds my Svea just perfect. I think it's about 4.5 inches wide. Got it from S&C....

I guess this is the Toaks 1100?
How do you find it? Does it bend when packed in the backpack?

CarlZ993
10-26-2014, 14:38
The Evernew 0.9L Mug pot (Model ECA-267) will fit the canister. 9.7 X 12 cm (3.8 X 4.75"). 3.4 oz w/o stuff sack on my scale.

http://www.traildesigns.com/cookware/evernew-900ml-titanium-ultra-light-mug-pot-eca267

The Cleaner
10-26-2014, 17:42
I got my Ti pot from Steep&Cheap...check Backcountry.com for similar items....Also pretty sturdy in the pack.

Jake27
12-25-2014, 12:48
GSI pinacle soloists