PDA

View Full Version : Quinoa Pilaf Adapted for the Trail Recipe

Demeter
10-28-2014, 06:32
I came up with this recipe after falling in love with the dish at a hammock hang.

The full recipe is here (http://demeters-dish.blogspot.com/2014/10/quinoa-pilaf-adapted-for-trail.html)

Cook quinoa and dry it for quick reconstituting on the trail

Quinoa
Dried Spinach
Real Lemon packets
Dried Garlic
Parmesan packets
Toasted Walnuts or Pine Nuts (in separate baggie)
Salt to taste

Freezer bag cooking method = super easy!

Enjoy!

Rocket Jones
10-28-2014, 11:24
This sounds really good! I'd definitely go with walnuts.

I read recently about some weird problem that some people have with pine nuts, in that it ruins your taste perception for days after eating them. I can't recall if it was a specific type of pine nut, or something in a given individual's body chemestry. I do remember that for certain people, everything they ate for a few days afterwards tasted foul.

swisscross
10-28-2014, 11:36
This sounds really good! I'd definitely go with walnuts.

I read recently about some weird problem that some people have with pine nuts, in that it ruins your taste perception for days after eating them. I can't recall if it was a specific type of pine nut, or something in a given individual's body chemestry. I do remember that for certain people, everything they ate for a few days afterwards tasted foul.

Sounds tasty, thanks.

There is a woman at my place of employment that has issues with pine nuts.
She eats them anyway as she feels is makes food taste so bad that it keeps her from eating, sort of a forced diet.

I have never had a problem with pine nuts but walnuts do sound better in this recipe.

bmanice
10-29-2014, 18:46
Thanks for the recipe!

MarsAndBuddy
02-23-2015, 15:08
This looks delicious thank you!