PDA

View Full Version : Any sleeping bags compare to EE Rev Quilts?

DandT40
10-28-2014, 12:21
I have two enlightened equipment quilts and I am very happy with them. My wife is now jealous and wants one as well, but she sleeps much colder than I do and is hesitant to go full in on a quilt. She currently just uses a REI synthetic bag so it is bulky and heavy when backpacking. Are there any down sleeping bags that would compare to the EE Revelation 10 degree quilt for $270 or 20 degree for $250? By compare I mean price and weight wise for the same ballpark temp rating. Thanks for any tips.

ericmcdaniel
10-29-2014, 13:58
I really like my REI Igneo (Joule is the women's version). It's a 20 degree down bag, and weighs 1lb 13 ounces for $299-ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connie
11-04-2014, 07:34
I ordered a Hammock Gear top quilt I intend to use with Cascade Designs attachment snaps I will add to a small NeoAir Xtherm.

Maybe you could consider the Cascade Designs snap-in attachment system?

jawnzee
11-04-2014, 10:53
Since you have two, maybe she could try using your warmer one to see if she is willing to go quilt? I think being colder in a quilt is more of a proper use thing than an inherent setback.

ttquattro
11-06-2014, 00:26
The wife was also hesitant to switch to a quilt primarily because of the hood, so I bought a separate hood. Other than that, there shouldn't be much of a difference when the quilt is strapped to the pad. Also bear in mind that the warmth of the pad is critical for her comfort. While I sleep on a xlite, she sleeps on a xtherm. If she's still hesitant and you want to cut down the weight, consider EE's two person quilt. Minimal increase in weight for two people and your body heat is her furnace. :)