PDA

View Full Version : Question for Female Thru Hikers

Downunda
10-19-2005, 18:38
This week on our local TV there was a program on cellulite. What they did was take 3 women with lots of cellulite and they each tried a different commercially promoted approach to remove or rid themselves of cellulite.
The results were that none of the treatments had any effect.

Whilst I was watching this I said to my wife I bet thru hiking gets rid of, or largely eliminates cellulite, but she wasn't so sure.

So come on female hikers let me know what your experience is.

frieden
10-19-2005, 18:47
Well, yes and no. If you intake energy at even close to the rate you are expending it, then no. Most people can get their fat cells to shrink, but it takes quite a bit of diet and exercise to actually break a fat cell down. Unfortunately, your body goes after your fat cells last, so you'll lose a lot of muscle tissue in the process. You might be able to lose cellulite in a back-to-back-to-back Triple Crown.

"ME & U"
10-19-2005, 18:50
I don't know of a better work out. When would you ever spend 8 hours+ working out. Say ba bye to the ab roller and thigh master and step arobics ladies. Only problem is you'll have trouble getting your pumped thighs into your size 4's when you get home!

Hammock Hanger
10-19-2005, 20:16
... Only problem is you'll have trouble getting your pumped thighs into your size 4's when you get home!
Size 4!!! Haven't seen that size since High School.:o

Even though I am large cellulite isn't a large problem for me, so I can not atest to weather or not hiking helps. I do know that no matter how much weight I lost I could not get rid of the roll just above my surgical line.:datz

Sue/HH

Smile
10-19-2005, 21:53
They make a size 4?

DMA, 2000
10-19-2005, 23:32
Cellulite = Fat. No commercial product (outside of Liposuction) will do a thing for it. There is no distinction between the two, it's just how it looks under your skin in some parts.

Actually, I have conceived a commercial product that might work, but I have yet to invent it: Flesh-Eating Bacteria genetically engineered to consume fat cells.