PDA

View Full Version : Hammock stand

Patrick
10-20-2005, 11:23
Hi, I'd like to buy a hammock stand and I saw one at Dick's for $70 on sale. I have a $20 credit there, so $50 seems good to me. Anyone know of a cheaper one? I'm hanging a Hennessy ULB. The one up there seems very sturdy. Green steel pipes, comes apart easily. I know I can make one for cheaper, but I'm super busy right now and it's worth it to me to not have to bother with the construction. Thanks.

jlb2012
10-20-2005, 11:46
you may want to bring your hammock into the store to see how it hangs before buying that stand - if its the one I am thinking of you're going to be mighty close to the ground which is not a real good thing when using a Hennessy (OK for a top loader like Speer however)

Patrick
10-20-2005, 11:50
Hmm, that's a good point. I think it's about chest high. As long as my ass is off the ground enough that I can still hang my underquilt that's enough for me, though. I won't be using it for real. I just need to test some stuff and am tired of the ridiculous system of pieces and parts I have to set up in my living room to get it hung in there.

flyfisher
10-20-2005, 12:16
You will want to test it. Many of the stands are
- not long enough
- too close to the ground

Especially in a HH, crawling into the hammock from below is difficult when it is so close to the ground.

2Questions
10-21-2005, 22:40
I made a stand for my HH using a regular tubular stand from my yard hammock. I made 18" extensions that attach to the ends. Works great.