Under armor boxer briefs, 4.6 oz. each
nylon spandex thong, 0.6 oz each
no underwear = dirty stinky pants

4shot
11-11-2014, 20:47
underwear = dirty stinky pants AND dirty stinky underwear

Scooter2
11-11-2014, 20:51
You can really save weight by skipping the underwear and TP....

I'll stick to my compression briefs at 2.8 oz as a happy medium.

Dogwood
11-11-2014, 21:03
I hear the woman's version of a thong weighs less than the men's version of a thong. OK all you fanatical androgynous ULers who will admit they wear the woman's version to save a few grams? I freeball or have shorts/pants with built in mesh or compression briefs so I haven't gone down that road.

Old Hiker
11-12-2014, 08:38
Seriously? You're gonna wear a thong to save a few ounces. All righty then.

Have we jumped the shark yet with UL ?

CalebJ
11-12-2014, 09:09
Old Hiker, your sarcasm detector needs new batteries.

squeezebox
11-12-2014, 10:10
really 1/2 serious, but I'll admit still weird.

Coffee
11-12-2014, 10:23
2.1 ounces for Ex Officio briefs... Too heavy?

Just Bill
11-12-2014, 10:36
I like the Ex Officio briefs as well-
If you check out Amazon they run some complicated algorithm where-in pricing fluctuates on some complicated size/color matrix and changes every hour.
They can be as low as $11, and as high as full retail $25.
You could devote your brainpower to determining the pattern to purchase your ideal color/size combo at the ideal price.
It takes a fair bit of work to make them stink, and a horrendous bit of effort to transfer that stink to a skirt.

I'd rather go commando than wear a thong, but of course I have determined that Safety Orange is my ideal underwear color as it garners the best reactions when flashing others in my skirt- so what do I know...

Old Hiker
11-12-2014, 12:32
Old Hiker, your sarcasm detector needs new batteries.

1. First cup of coffee hadn't been finished when I replied.
2. JUST put new lithiums in 5, maybe 6 decades ago. Can't be drained yet.
3. Thread isn't in the humor section - wasn't sure if it was serious or not..............therefore:

Have we jumped the shark yet with UL? :)

Rolex
11-12-2014, 17:12
Seriously? You're gonna wear a thong to save a few ounces. All righty then.

Have we jumped the shark yet with UL ?

Let's see... If I use my paracord that's for my food bag hang to fashion up a thong for me to wear, Does this count as a Multiple use ITEM then?
Rolex

Old Hiker
11-12-2014, 17:34
Let's see... If I use my paracord that's for my food bag hang to fashion up a thong for me to wear, Does this count as a Multiple use ITEM then?
Rolex

Might as well go for THREE uses: dental floss. :eek:

kayak karl
11-12-2014, 18:35
If wearing a thong makes you feel like you can skip all the way to Maine, then go for it. Not that there is anything wrong with that. ;)

Coffee
11-12-2014, 18:40
I cannot imagine the chafing that would result from not wearing underwear. I'm happy wearing my 2.1 ounces of underwear although I no longer carry a second in my pack. I do have lightweight running shorts with integrated briefs that I can wear while my only underwear is being washed.

takethisbread
11-13-2014, 06:57
I cannot imagine the chafing that would result from not wearing underwear. I'm happy wearing my 2.1 ounces of underwear although I no longer carry a second in my pack. I do have lightweight running shorts with integrated briefs that I can wear while my only underwear is being washed.

I wore zero underwear on my AT thru and had not instance of chafing. Even in extreme heat. I wore running shorts. They stunk. I assumed everyone's did

Rolex
11-13-2014, 07:39
Might as well go for THREE uses: dental floss. :eek:
Well, that negates the third use I planned of using it in lieu of for toilet paper.