PDA

View Full Version : Cumberland Trail Completion

Gambit McCrae
11-12-2014, 10:28
I am having trouble finding out the condition of this trail and the % at which it is completed. Has anyone hiked a large portion of it? If people could copy the list below and give either a 100% completed or not completed under it I would appreciate it.

Cumberland MountainNew RiverBird MountainObed Wild and Scenic RiverCrab OrchardGrassy CoveThe FallsPiney RiverLaurel-SnowRock Creek Gorge SectionPossum Creek Gorge SectionSoddy Creek Gorge SectionNorth Chickamauga
TN River Gorge

Ewker
11-12-2014, 11:37
http://cumberlandtrail.org/website/ has a lot of information on it.

Rain Man
11-12-2014, 17:07
I've done all those sections except "The Falls" (never heard of) nor Laurel Snow.

Doing Lawson Mountain section this weekend.

Rain Man

The Solemates
11-13-2014, 14:53
are topo maps available for this trail? i cant find any on the website

Rain Man
11-14-2014, 12:00
are topo maps available for this trail? i cant find any on the website

They might be hit-or-miss. I have found and printed out topo maps for some sections I've hiked. They are buried in the descriptions for each section, if they exist for that section.

Rain Man

Ewker
11-14-2014, 17:58
Laurel-Snow is a nice area. Unfortunately a bridge is down and Bobby Fulcher said that there are no current plans to rebuild or repair the bridge. As far as he is concerned the Laurel-Snow area is closed beyond the bridge. All of that stems from a feud between the TTA and the CTC. A lot of folks think the Cumberland Trail will never be finished.