PDA

View Full Version : Darn Tough Factory Sale next two weekends 11/15,16 & 11/22,23

peakbagger
11-13-2014, 14:22
If you want Darn Tough socks for cheap, this is your chance. The factory is in Northfield VT, not that far off from I91. There are incredible deals, particularly they usually have their military spec socks which have a bit more acrylic for durability in bags of 6 pairs. If you watch for the red dot on the bag, they come out to $3 a pair. THe most expensive socks sell for at least 50% off. Folks in Vermont know about the sale and there are long lines to get in. I expect every family in VT gets Darn Toughs for Christmas. Plan on waiting in line outside for at least an hour as they only let so many folks into the factory at a time. ts quite a social event, most of the folks in line are in good mood and some of the factory workers dress up in costumes to entertain the kids. There are people from all over new England and sometimes farther. It isn't publicized except for a small post on facebook. In addition to hiking socks they have ski socks and cross country ski socks. They do a lot of private label socks and some very high end socks including cashmere.

I found an article about a prior years sale

http://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont/sock-and-awe/Content?oid=2242205

I cant go this year as I bought enough to last a few years last year. Since I started using them exclusively 2 years ago, I have had one sock get a hole in it. They will replace any socks even seconds for free but I wont as I got plenty of life out the one that failed.

HillMedic
11-13-2014, 16:37
I wish I were in VT!

colorado_rob
11-13-2014, 17:08
Ya know, the big problem with Darn Tuff socks? Once you buy a couple pair, you never have another opportunity to partake in a sale, because they are essentially a lifetime sock! Guaranteed forever against wearing out...

rocketsocks
11-13-2014, 17:10
Ya know, the big problem with Darn Tuff socks? Once you buy a couple pair, you never have another opportunity to partake in a sale, because they are essentially a lifetime sock! Guaranteed forever against wearing out...
Got my darn toughs on right now(took em on a walk) love em, and they love me back. I'm a convert, but I still love me some "wright socks"

Tprunty8
11-13-2014, 17:52
I wish I lived in New England too. If anybody local is going, I'd gladly buy some Darn Tough hiking crew socks, if you get a good deal and have extras.

lonehiker
11-13-2014, 21:43

They wear out, but it's takes about 1,000 miles. I always buy a new pair as I figure I get my money's worth out of them

hikehunter
11-14-2014, 01:18
Yes, they do wear out...I have only got about 14 to 16 months out of a pair......to be fair I wear them a LOT....:D

hikeandbike5
11-14-2014, 01:20
The factory is in Northfield VT, not that far off from I91.
it's even closer to I-89.