PDA

View Full Version : WTB Safety Orange all weather tarp or Ripstop

Cedar1974
11-14-2014, 08:01
I just got myself a hammock to camp in, but I need a tarp to put over myself. I am looking for something anout 10'x10' that has a door function. I'd prefer safety Orange to stand out in case of hunters (Down here in the South that is a possiblity), or if someone has some ripstop in safety orange they want to get rid of, I could use it to make my own tarp. Looking at $60+S&H for the premade tarp, and $30+S&H for the ripstop that I can treat myself. And I already know about Ripstopbytheroll.com.

Offshore
11-16-2014, 10:31
I've gotten safety orange silnylon pack covers made by Etowah Outfitters directly from them, so they have access to orange silnylon. They also make tarps, so it may be worth it to drop them an email and see if they can make something up for you. Their web site is http://www.shop.backpackingadventuregear.com/ They are great to deal with, prices are fair and quality is great.

Cedar1974
11-17-2014, 08:08
I asked them and they said they could so the tarp for me for $114.00 I can buy the fabric and make it myself for about $60.

Offshore
11-17-2014, 09:31
If you have the time and sewing skills to make it yourself, go for it! (I can handle sewing on a button, but that's about it...)

Cedar1974
11-17-2014, 10:10
I do, and I plan to in time. I just need the money to do so. I was hoping I could find an easier solution first is all.