PDA

View Full Version : MSR Hubba NX 1

Vthiker77
11-16-2014, 11:59
Any experience with it? They're on sale fot 271$ I might be able to stomach that price. Was trying to talk myself into a zpacks solplex but yowza they're expensive.

The Alpine Phantom
06-27-2015, 23:50
See my Hubba NX review on 'Trailspace.com'0

Venchka
06-28-2015, 01:04
See TarpTents. Several models @ lower weight, larger floor area and less money. All made in the U.S.A.

Wayne

The Alpine Phantom
06-28-2015, 10:13
Absolutely correct. My winter tent is a Scarp 1 with the solid interior and crossing poles. I just like messing with 3 season tents. Will likely sell the NX next year and get a Moment DW with the solid interior. I have some ideas to mod that one to. After that who knows.

Frog
12-25-2015, 06:53
That is a good price and a good tent. Plenty of head and foot room. This is an excellent 3 season tent.

daddytwosticks
12-25-2015, 08:58
I own a Hubba NX-1 with the factory footprint. I've only used it a few times, but definitely a quality piece. I've owned MANY shelters over the years. I've owned two Tarptent products (Contrail and Notch) and a Lightheart product. Good stuff, but was sick to death of saggy silnylon products. They all seemed to require constant fidigiting with after set up, especially in the rain. Love the freestanding ability of the Hubba. It also seems way more durable and secure in nasty weather. With the footprint, it's easily to set-up/taken down in the rain. :)