PDA

View Full Version : Kelty Cosmic 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag

4runner
11-17-2014, 18:50
Does anyone have experience with a Kelty Cosmic 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag?

Ive got a Marmt Trestle 0 that I like very much, but I'd like something lighter (the Kelty is about 1+ lb lighter) and more importantly, I hope the Kelty packs down smaller.

Many thanks in advance!

4r

The Cleaner
11-17-2014, 19:02
I have the Kelty "Light Trekker" 20* bag and it is really only warm down to about 32*. That 1lb might be worth it on a cold night. IMO going truly UL means doing without several items but saving weight by using a lighter bag could lead to some cold nights.

Violent Green
11-17-2014, 22:12
Looks like the EN comfort rating for that bag is 17F. So, it's closer to a 15 degree bag than a 0F. Still, not a terrible deal at <$200.

Ryan

misterfloyd
11-20-2014, 18:02
I have a Kelty 0 bag.

It is warm to about 10-15 degrees. Most bag companies when they advertise a degree for the bag it truly is not accurate. I hope that makes sense.

With the Seat to Summit compression bag it will fit in the bottom of my Osprey Atmos 65. It is about 4lbs. I have gotten a new bag since I wanted to shave weight as well as size. Love the zipper. Damn thing actually doesn't snag.

I still have it and my son will use it with scouts.

For what I paid $125..... I think it is great. I really don't have problem with kelty products. Some may.

Make certain that you have a good R value pad. That is key......
Hope this helps.
Floyd.

grizzlyadam
11-21-2014, 01:51
I have the Kelty Cosmic 0*. Have used it a number of times. Stayed warm in single digits last year in the Smokeys. I do wish it packed a little smaller though.

lemon b
11-27-2014, 22:23
I have one. As said more like a 15 degree bag. Kinda bulky. Zipper has given me problems. Used only on 2-4 night trips. Price was right. If you can afford it buy a WM 10 or 15. It will last forever , less bulky and warmer. One thing I learned the hard way is bag experimenting can get very expensive.