PDA

View Full Version : Rain gear

moshe2
11-17-2014, 22:41
Hi all. Can you please give me a good recommendation for rain gear, last section hike I had a Walmart jacket and pants but it didn't hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimyjam
11-18-2014, 00:38
I have a marmot precip rain jacket and pants. The jacket has pit zips and pockets for venting. They have always kept me dry and warm. I highly recommend!

Life is full of ups and downs! Hike on!

moshe2
11-18-2014, 01:10
Thanks will look for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeartFire
11-18-2014, 06:28
http://lightheartgear.com/index.php/rain-gear

T-Rx
11-18-2014, 09:50
[QUOTE=jimyjam;1922702]I have a marmot precip rain jacket and pants. The jacket has pit zips and pockets for venting. They have always kept me dry and warm. I highly recommend!

+1 on Marmot Precip. I have been very happy with mine, but I am sure you will get a lot of different opinions regarding rain gear selection.

CalebJ
11-18-2014, 10:06
What's your budget? There are lots of options depending on price range, whether you intend to hike it out while it's raining vs set up shelter, how light you're trying to go, etc. Also the time of year is relevant. In the summer I'll toss in an ultralight shell like a Ghost Whisperer Anorak, but something more substantial goes in the pack for cold rain in the early spring or late fall.

q-tip
11-18-2014, 11:33
I have seven rain jackets and four rain pants. I perspire heavily and none of the keep me dry. However, they do keep me warm and I choose which to bring based on the prevailing temperature range. My Marmot Mica (7 oz.) In summer, my Golite tumalo in colder spring fall and my Arc Teryx mountaineering shell for coldest. Rain pants are Mont Bell wind pants for most trdips (3 oz) and my Golite rain pants for colder temps. For me, having a full set of dry clothes to change into at camp is critical, so I dont really care about being wet, I sure do care about being cold....

Connie
11-18-2014, 13:08
I like a windshirt or windjacket treated with renewable DWR.

If downpour, I prefer rainwear made for bicyclists, O2 original, for example, or, a Helly Hansen jacket I found for sale at a cannery store.

I would like to try the Paramo Velez Adventure Light Smock for example, or, Fjallraven G-1000, both much appreciated where rain is lifestyle.

RED-DOG
11-18-2014, 14:15
Yes I would suggest you look into Frogg Toggs they are light weight and breathable perfect for hiking in.

rhinodyson
11-20-2014, 21:53
Yes I would suggest you look into Frogg Toggs they are light weight and breathable perfect for hiking in.
I agree with Red-dog frog toggs are not expensive