View Full Version : Crazy Cheap deals at Woot.com on Yukon hammocks

Gram Weenie
11-24-2014, 16:01
I thought I would share this deal with everyone

http://www.woot.com/plus/yukon-outfitters-hammocks-3

Second Hand
11-24-2014, 19:11
Has anybody used a Yukon Hammock?

I mean, thats pretty cheap. I might just buy one to try.

Gram Weenie
11-24-2014, 19:28
Has anybody used a Yukon Hammock?

I mean, thats pretty cheap. I might just buy one to try.

I have one of the double hammocks,and I really like it.Dont let the low price fool you,its well worth it.I just ordered two more
The supplys for the last DIY hammock I made cost more than these hammocks

Connie
11-24-2014, 20:21
I downloaded the Woot app.

How do you find backpacking, or, camping gear?

I only see other categories.

gunner76
11-24-2014, 21:00
The non bug net Yukon hammock is ok once you replace the suspension with something that weighs less. The netted hammock is geared for someone about 5ft 5 or shorter.

dink
11-24-2014, 22:19
I have the one with the net and do fine with it...I am a bit on the short side 5'6", but once I changed out the heavy suspension system, it is a nice little hammock...the grandkids love it too, no "skeeter" bites!!

Rolex
11-25-2014, 15:24
I just ordered one. I also got a Coupon code for 10 bucks off today at woot It's SAVE10WOOT according to the email good till xmas but not on Wine.woot
It diddn't work for me but I'm waiting on a response back from customer service and will update.

Rolex
11-25-2014, 15:29
I just ordered one. I also got a Coupon code for 10 bucks off today at woot It's SAVE10WOOT according to the email good till xmas but not on Wine.woot
It diddn't work for me but I'm waiting on a response back from customer service and will update.

Arrgg.. my mistake. In really fine print it says code is for over 25 bucks before shipping and taxes items. And the hammock is 24.99. They got me.

Fireonwindcsr
01-07-2015, 02:27
I bought 2- one with netting and one without. $19.99 & $24.99

Dochartaigh
01-07-2015, 10:12
The non bug net Yukon hammock is ok once you replace the suspension with something that weighs less. The netted hammock is geared for someone about 5ft 5 or shorter.

Just to elaborate, that even if you're short having a longer hammock means more comfort for most. 11' long is the industry standard right now (the Yukon netted version is something like 8.5 feet long) - and length is more important than width (within reason) in regards to comfort.

The reason is because once you have the hammock hung correctly (usually with a ridgeline), it's only 110" or 9.15 feet long. Then you don't actually lay in it straight on - you want to lay diagonally in it so the usable length is shortened even more. Then add to that how you want to lay flat in it while you're sleeping (so the two ends which arc up is unusable space), you can quickly see how having an 11' (or at least a 10' long if you're pretty short) is advantageous.

So long story short, if you want to try hammock camping to see if it's for you, you're really better off buying the "double" hammock from Woot, or something like one of the 11' long ones from DutchWareGear.com for $32 (and rig it up with some Amsteel rope). That will give you a true feel for what it's like to sleep in a hammock. I bought the Yukon when I was first starting out and it's great to lounge around in a campground, but not so much to sleep in for multiple nights in a row.