PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice/help on bounce boxes and resupplies as a foreigner

luap
11-27-2014, 11:53
Hi all

Im new to the forum and have been searching around about this but yet to find the answers i need.

I'm from the Uk and am starting my thru hike northbound around March 1st 2015 and so will be bringing warmer gear for the colder weather and want to switch some of it out as it gets warmer. I also plan on having a couple of pairs of trail runners on standby that I have already broken in to be sent to me when i need them. I'm thinking of using a bounce box for some of my gear but don't obviously don't want shoes and heavier/bulkier items in there. The ideal situation is to have a contact in the US that can send me gear as and when i need it, does anyone know of somewhere/someone that provides that kind of service. Any suggestions and advice would be really helpful

Paul

Sly
11-27-2014, 12:09
I recall some offering service like that, but can't remember exactly who it was. If you haven't bought the gear already you can buy online or phone from the trail and have it shipped to a desired location.

From the states you can also use Priority Mail and ship it to a post office. Once you reach it, if it's not needed, as long as you don't open it, you can forwarded it ahead at no extra cost.

Check out the AT Mailing labels link in my signature, that should help in your planning.

Have a great hike.

PS most switch out their coldest weather gear sometime after Mt Rogers, Va., I think it's best to wait until after the Shenanoah NP or Front Royal and pick it up again in Glencliff, NH.

Most Post Offices only hold packages 30-60 days (some smaller ones less) Call beforehand to be sure. Click on USPS in the AT mailing labels page for local numbers.

JBandStacy2014
12-03-2014, 23:45
Check out the AT Mailing labels link in my signature, that should help in your planning.

Your label link is GREAT!!!! Thank you for that information!!