PDA

View Full Version : Making Fruit Leather from Leftover Cranberry Relish

Demeter
11-30-2014, 10:06
This is a great use for cranberry sauce, so don't throw it out if you have any leftover!!

Cranberries, orange, sugar (I like evaporated cane juice), unsweetened applesauce, and optional jalapeņo peppers and cilantro. Yummy!!

http://demeters-dish.blogspot.com/2014/10/gourmet-fruit-leather-from-leftover.html

Dogwood
11-30-2014, 12:41
Another great outside of the box creative idea. Cranberry fruit leather. Perfect timing as this Thanksgiving I had the most delicious home made cranberry relish that, with some cajoling, was able to get the recipe. Secret recipe comes from a northern GA family that has been in the family for 80 yrs. I like the idea adding cilantro as your recipe does.

Feral Bill
11-30-2014, 14:30
My wife asks why should we turn something so delicious into a sticky flat sheet. There's no reasoning with some people. :) Next batch I'll steal some to dry.

Demeter
11-30-2014, 21:14
Another great outside of the box creative idea. Cranberry fruit leather. Perfect timing as this Thanksgiving I had the most delicious home made cranberry relish that, with some cajoling, was able to get the recipe. Secret recipe comes from a northern GA family that has been in the family for 80 yrs. I like the idea adding cilantro as your recipe does.

Any chance you would share your recipe? Or is it too secret :)

My wife asks why should we turn something so delicious into a sticky flat sheet. There's no reasoning with some people. :) Next batch I'll steal some to dry.

Hmmm, sounds like my DH. At least, until he started backpacking with me again this year. Now he is very appreciative of my dehydrating hobby!

tiptoe
12-01-2014, 11:24
Nice idea, Demeter. Now that my dehydrator is back in the kitchen (temporarily moved out in favor of counter space for the Thanksgiving extravaganza), I'll try it.