PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle recs. for Woody gap to Deep gap?

saltysack
11-30-2014, 21:06
I've got the list from the guide book just wanting to hear from folks with first hand experiences....deep gap accessible in Dec/jan? I realize can park at SIC but already hiked Kimsey creek trail several times...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddytwosticks
12-01-2014, 08:15
I think the gate halfway up the forest service road to Deep Gap NC closes around this time in December. Better check on this. Good luck with your hike. :)

saltysack
12-01-2014, 10:17
I think the gate halfway up the forest service road to Deep Gap NC closes around this time in December. Better check on this. Good luck with your hike. :)

Thx I'll do some research....

saltysack
12-01-2014, 10:57

Is there other options for safe parking....Kimsey creek trail has been wet every time down and water crossing to get back to car....I get turned around every time near the camp ground...could I road walk down the fs road from deep gap?

AO2134
12-01-2014, 11:19
Is there other options for safe parking....Kimsey creek trail has been wet every time down and water crossing to get back to car....I get turned around every time near the camp ground...could I road walk down the fs road from deep gap?

It would be a long walk, but I don't see why not.

Waterbuffalo
12-10-2014, 21:28
Deep Gap will be closed We just used Ron Brown for our shuttle here is his FB link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rons-Appalachian-Trail-Shuttle/174270272614034
He's very good and fair priced. Located in North Ga

saltysack
12-10-2014, 22:29
Deep Gap will be closed We just used Ron Brown for our shuttle here is his FB link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rons-Appalachian-Trail-Shuttle/174270272614034
He's very good and fair priced. Located in North Ga

How did u shuttle there if it's closed?