PDA

View Full Version : Leki Poles Stuck open

Josh Calhoun
12-02-2014, 15:13
does anybody know how to fix this? there stuck open. i have even loosened the tensioning screw and beat them on the ground but they still wont colapse. help!

squeezebox
12-02-2014, 15:44
Are they frozen?

SawnieRobertson
12-02-2014, 16:39
Leki has representatives out there for you. Ask Leki where to take them, but please to not beat them to death.

QHShowoman
12-02-2014, 16:56
Are these twist-lock poles? If so...

Is it possible that the lower section is slightly bent? Even the slightest curve will prevent them from closing.

If not, pull the lower sections all the way out, wipe the threads off, and then re-insert them. Sometimes if they're pulled too far out or if the threads are dirty, they won't close.

If all else fails, just contact Leki via their Web form. Someone will get back to you pretty quickly.

atraildreamer
12-02-2014, 17:33
Try a shot of WD-40 on the pole.

handlebar
12-02-2014, 21:47
I've found Leki's customer service folks actually provide service (unlike many other companies' customer service). They even replaced the bottom section of my poles during my AZT thru hike this fall. Google Leki + Buffalo NY to get a phone number.

gbolt
12-02-2014, 22:44
Please let us know the outcome... I just order a pari of Corklite Trekking Poles for Christmas and have researched to learn everything I can about them. Of course, all items may fail at some point; yet, knowing possible solutions to solve problems makes one feel more comfortable with the purchase and use of the item.

soilman
12-02-2014, 22:51
Try a shot of WD-40 on the pole.

Don't use wd 40 or any other lubricant. Call Leki.

HeartFire
12-03-2014, 06:26
just get some pliers so you can grab onto the pole and give a twist. They will loosed up easily. We just had to fix a pair this way, They were fine after we gave them a good twist this way.

Old Grouse
12-03-2014, 09:35
I believe Elder still represents Leki, and is a sometimes poster here. I'm sure he can help you.

poolskaterx
06-08-2016, 16:52
My twist locks just recently had issues being frozen; I had them out on a 3 day hike in the rain and just tossed them aside in my garage for a week before tending to them so I am taking full resposiblility.
Took me a good long time to get them apart. I DID use a little waxy lube (NOT WD 40) to get them to twist again and loosen up and I finally got them apart. Looks like the part that spins up or down screw/shaft that loosens or tightens the mechanism is not working correctly; I can get them to work after fiddling with them for WAY too long but they do not work like they used too. If you have to use a lube to get your poles apart like I did be sure to thoroughly clean all of the parts including the tubes and plastic bits before assembling them again.

Elder
06-08-2016, 22:07
I believe Elder still represents Leki, and is a sometimes poster here. I'm sure he can help you.
Leki felt the need to relieve me of my duties years ago.
Never use lubricants of any kind. The pliers to loosen might work, but the issue is internal corrosion. Gun cleaning brush will help.
Also, call Leki. They will help. 1800-255-9982

poolskaterx
08-22-2016, 19:50
Leki went above and beyond to help me out!
I called only to ask to buy replacement parts and explain what steps I had taken, the rep insisted that Leki send out 2 new lowers and a middle section... at NO CHARGE!! I offered to pay as I have many years of use on these poles and I would not expect warranty but they declined to accept payment. What? I am blown away with the great service I received. Thanks Leki. Already received the parts and my poles are now feel better than I ever remember.

tflaris
08-26-2016, 21:01
I had issues with my Leki's collapsing without warning on my JMT thru hike.

Emailed them and never heard back.

YMMV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk