PDA

View Full Version : Toe soccks

squeezebox
12-02-2014, 22:19
Just put on my first pair of toe socks, wool, very nice, very happy.

saltysack
12-02-2014, 22:39
I plan to give them a shot before my next section as I got blisters between my toes last hike...wet socks didn't help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ktaadn
12-03-2014, 10:03
I recently bought my first pair too. I have trouble with my pinky toe getting pinched and blistered. Hopefully they help. I like the feel of them just walking around town. Haven't worn them on a hike yet.

saltysack
12-03-2014, 10:06
Any here use the liner version under DT socks or by themselves?

Just Bill
12-03-2014, 10:50
Any here use the liner version under DT socks or by themselves?

I tried the ININJI ones as described. They were okay but I didn't like them much personally, they didn't fit my feet that well and after a dozen hikes or so I noticed the weave opening up a bit at the toe intersections.

theoilman
12-03-2014, 18:18
I use Ininji, they have greatly reduced blisters between my toes. I still get a blister occasionally, but reduced over 90%.
They are troublesome to put on, toes don't want to go in the correct slots, and I have to get my toes all the way in.

TNhiker
12-03-2014, 20:22
i also use Ininjii-----and yup, they are a pain to put on..........and take off....

and i try not using them with a trail that has a bunch of creek crossings as taking them off/putting them back on is just troublesome...

however, i do like that they help to separate my toes....

my problem is that over the years, with boots, my toes have just been crunched together.........

2015 Lady Thru-Hiker
12-03-2014, 22:47
Just orders some on special 4 pairs for $27 and free shipping. We'll see how it goes.

July
12-03-2014, 23:34
With improper fitting footwear, most often from youth times, one must ask? Toe socks? Really? Spend your money on toe socks to make ill fitting shoes bearable, not really. O)ther than temp, abrasion, old age, free your feet and let them breathe.... And yes , I wear mittens in the winter.

July
12-03-2014, 23:40
My digits like to Love one another...:)

slbirdnerd
12-04-2014, 09:22
Injinji toe socks solved my toe issues hiking/backpacking and I also wear them casually. My son now loves them, my aunt now loves them... I think especially if you have toes issues (mine were pinky toe getting pinched and blistered under my 4th toe, very painful) they may be a lifesaver. For hiking spring-fall I use the Injinji Trail with trail runners (www.footsmart.com). I have the toe liners and wore them on an overnight in November under my Darn Tough socks. The toe liners are a little thicker than a traditional liner, but I wouldn't wear them alone--be great if Injinji would make a taller, more robust toe sock for colder weather. It was a bit tight in my boot with all that. If I get thinner regular socks they will be fine. In taking off the toe socks, I find if you take a minute to remove them by the toes and keep them right side out, it makes things easier. After wearing them a few times, they are easier to get on.