PDA

View Full Version : ZPacks duplex tent for a complete hammock setup.

Jake27
12-04-2014, 14:52
I Am looking to see if anyone wants to trade a top of the line hammock setup
1.1 double layer warbonnet black bird
Whoppie slings
dutch gear buckles
zpacks cuben fiber hammock tarp with doors made from .74 cuben
continuous ridge line with Dutch gear hooks (no knots needed for entire setup)
Hammock gear 30 degree Phoenix 3/4 lenght underquilt (green on the outside and black on the inside)
zpacks cuben double sided stuff sacks (one for hammock and one for tarp)
also has zline tie outs.
All of this retails for around $850 just looking to do a even trade for a ZPacks duplex tent that retails for $595.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Zxk5SdN-g

RED-DOG
12-04-2014, 15:28
Bro I have seen folks go from a tent to Hammocks but this is the first time I have seen someone go from Hammocks to Tents.

Deacon
12-04-2014, 15:37
Well here's no. 2. I've also switched back from hammock to tent.

Don't get me wrong, I still have my hammock and occasionally use it, but for long distance hiking, I just prefer the room in the tent over the constraint of the hammock. As far as comfort goes, I'm a stomach sleeper, and my Neoair is great.

Ender
12-04-2014, 17:00
I recently made the switch back to tenting, after a solid decade of hammocking. Wanted the extra space, lower weight, but almost equal comfort with my NeoAir pad that tenting gives. Still use the hammock from time to time, but tenting is my preferred method most of the time now.

fastfoxengineering
12-05-2014, 17:04
I thought you were my hero for a second. I also have a complete hammock setup I want to switch out for a Duplex tent. Best of luck man. I still love hammocking, but also like tenting, and think it'll be more beneficial to me on my thru-hike.

Regards
Fast fox

ps. nice setup

Jake27
12-22-2014, 22:59
I was going to take it on my at thru hike but I am leaning toward a pct hike.i guess I will sell it on here.