PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Thru-Hikers Companion

Sly
12-06-2014, 21:12
The ATC is accepting pre-orders for the 2015 Thru-Hikers' Companion of 20% off until they become available in mid-December. The new edition will have all new town maps (and more of them), as well as redesigned tables with more features and annotated profiles, along with structural changes to make it more user friendly

In time for gift giving, support the Trail and the ATC by ordering one today!

2015 Thru-Hikers' Companion (https://www.atctrailstore.org/catalog/iteminfo.cfm?itemid=791&compid=1)

The photo is from Douglas Labbe, who hiked in 2013.

MikeN
12-07-2014, 00:28
I ordered mine earlier this week. Can't wait to see the new user-friendly layout. Love the professional elevation profiles—very useful on my last section hike. IMHO the best thru-hiker guide out there for the AT.

Sly
12-07-2014, 00:50
Thanks Mike.

I sent Brian King, the ATC Publisher, your opinion and "review" of the Companion from another thread and he said he was going to use it at a tradeshow.

gravitino
12-07-2014, 10:08
Shipping charge is too high... $6.30 to the Midwest, more than half the cost of the book... USPS Media Mail is very cheap, probably less than $3.

Sly
12-07-2014, 20:18
Shipping charge is too high... $6.30 to the Midwest, more than half the cost of the book... USPS Media Mail is very cheap, probably less than $3.

Call them up, I think they can ship cheaper if you request Media Mail.

JohnnySnook
12-21-2014, 05:27
Thanks Sly! Just got my guide today in the mail.

Shipping to Miami was $3.94 posted on the package. Add in the packaging and someone packaging my guide I'm fine with the shipping and handling costs.

Its not like this is a for profit business GRAVITINO! Please let me know if your a member of the ATC and how much you donated to the trail?

Your not a not a donating member here so I highly doubt you have donated anything to the ATC! If not prove me wrong!

Jeff
12-21-2014, 06:22
New town maps look fresh and sharp !!

squeezebox
12-21-2014, 11:48
So are the thru hiker's companion and the Awol book different? If so where do I get the Awol book?

Sly
12-21-2014, 12:09
Thanks Johnny and Jeff.

Since the Companion is now available in-house, the discount is off. You can also get the book through ALDHA in the ALDHA store.

Thru-Hikers' Companion (http://www.aldha.org/store/companion.html)

Awol2003
01-27-2015, 00:05
So are the thru hiker's companion and the Awol book different? If so where do I get the Awol book?

Yes, they are different publications. The title of "the Awol book" is "The A.T. Guide." An overwhelming majority of thru-hikers carry The A.T. Guide. Search the book's title and you'll easily find the website where it is sold. It's also sold by Amazon and virtually every outfitter along the trail.