PDA

View Full Version : Merrell Customer Service A+

Chair-man
12-08-2014, 21:36
I have to give Merrell customer service an A+.

First, Merrell makes 2 versions of their Moab waterproof mid boots. The regular waterproof and a Gore-tex version. I had bought a pair of the regular Moab waterproof mids quite a long time ago but didn't find out they weren't waterproof until recently. It was too late to take them back to the retailer but I did call Merrell customer service to see if they would take them back.

When I called the rep she told me I needed to take a photo of the tag inside the boot that shows the model # of the boots and also take a photo of the boots and email it to her. I did that and they emailed me a form to fill out, print & send back to them with the boots.

When I sent the boots back I also indicated that I wanted to upgrade to the Gore-tex version of the Moab because I didn't think replacing the same boots would fix the waterproof issue and that I would gladly pay the $30.00 for the upgrade.

Guess what? They sent me a new pair of Moab waterproof boots, the Gore-tex ones and didn't even charge me for the upgrade. :):)

So, the first thing I do with the boots is test them to see if they're waterproof. I took an old empty kitty litter container and filled it with 5" of water and stepped in it for 5 minutes and with each boot and they didn't leak.:) The boots have gusseted tongues so I had the water come all the way up to the top of the tongues. My old ones would have been soaked inside.

Also, the boots fit perfectly. I buy them one size larger and put a gel insole inside.

Here are the boots I'm talking about

The regular Moab waterproof boots (http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/22763M/54690/Mens/Moab-Mid-Waterproof?dimensions=0) mids $120.00
The Gore-tex Moab waterproof boots (http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/12464M/29127/Mens/Moab-Mid-GORE-TEX?dimensions=0) mids $150.00

So, if you're thinking about getting a pair of these I suggest the Gore-tex model.