PDA

View Full Version : Gear Lists

Connie
12-10-2014, 20:17
I like "geargrams". I have "geargrams" listed on my website.

http://www.geargrams.com

However, "geargrams" relies on Adobe "flash" my iPod Touch does not have.

MaddyTheGoose sent me an email, well, not exactly. Anyway, his owner-master or care-giver sent the email announcing "the gear loft" for making your own gearlists. I tried it. It includes pictures, of the gear, found online. More Fun.

http://www.thegearloft.com

Connie
12-10-2014, 20:52
It is for making your own gear lists, listing all your gear, then, generating a Summer list or a Winter list, like that.

Maybe you have one list.

Maybe your only interest is weight?

Many hikers want a "Checklist" to avoid leaving items behind they really need.

LogHiking
12-11-2014, 15:22
Cool idea. It has a decent way to go before it works as they want it to work, but its cool. I'm sure some kickstarter money will help them with that. When doing the image search none of the very popular products I own would come up unless I typed them in exactly as they display on their packaging. I.E Thermarest Xtherm did not bring up the Xtherm. Have to type in "Thermarest Neo-Air Xtherm Sleeping Pad" to get it. Same with my Klymit Pad. And even after typing in my REI Flash 45 pack exactly as its written on the website, all I got were stoves. Just goes back to what I was telling you in the other thread about a product search site Connie. What they are doing is far more simple than that, and even with all the time and money they put it into it, it doesn't function very well. Add 1000 new data points to search and we are talking a lot of time and money to make it work.

Again really cool idea and I'm sure they will get it working sooner than later. I look forward to when they do, but I'll keep using my spreadsheets on google drive until then.

Connie
12-11-2014, 17:41
It was just announced, literally.

I got the email. I put it up, here.

MaddyTheGoose videos are on YouTube.

Thank you, for the idea to put different search terms in the "field" for getting the photo. I have a NeoAir XTherm. I also have a "sil-nylon tarp".

rocketsocks
12-11-2014, 17:53
as a visual learner, I like this set up, thanks for postin' Connie.

Dochartaigh
12-11-2014, 17:55
I've still never had one of these sites be able to upload my own personal spreadsheets into. In CSV format, no matter how I format the spreadsheet. Because of that I refuse to use any of these sites because I would have to re-enter everything in manually.

Connie
12-11-2014, 19:14
The Gear Loft gear list has a photo for Zelph's Venom stove and Starlyte stove!

Is Zelph around here, today?

LogHiking
12-11-2014, 22:47
It was just announced, literally.

I got the email. I put it up, here.

MaddyTheGoose videos are on YouTube.

Thank you, for the idea to put different search terms in the "field" for getting the photo. I have a NeoAir XTherm. I also have a "sil-nylon tarp".

Awesome. I did not realize that. Like I said I look forward to when they get it working the way they want. Really cool idea.