PDA

View Full Version : trail conditions green mountains vt ?

ny breakfast
12-16-2014, 15:25
any snow on the ground in the green mountains. weather calling for 3-5 inches to come, would like to plan on if snow shoes are needed. i snowshoe around 6 in+ and post-hole below 6 inches on the ground, would help me on planing my section hike hitting the road late tonight or early tomorrow morning after i take a nap thanks

Slo-go'en
12-16-2014, 16:29
They have tons of snow and many areas are just getting power back over a week since the storm nailed the state big time. Last week's Nor'easter sat off the coast and dumped snow over Vermont for about 4 days.

You will need snowshoes and are unlikely to access any trails which don't cross a major road. You can also expect a lot of down trees since since they got several feet of heavy wet snow. Southern Vermont might be in a little better shape but pretty much the whole state got hammered.

Rolex
12-16-2014, 16:35
They have tons of snow and many areas are just getting power back over a week since the storm nailed the state big time. Last week's Nor'easter sat off the coast and dumped snow over Vermont for about 4 days.

You will need snowshoes and are unlikely to access any trails which don't cross a major road. You can also expect a lot of down trees since since they got several feet of heavy wet snow. Southern Vermont might be in a little better shape but pretty much the whole state got hammered.

My wife in Bennington told me they got 6 more inches there on the mountains this week.

Cosmo
12-18-2014, 17:54
Check out stillwalkingabout's Instagam photo herehttp://appalachiantrials.com/instagram-week38/. It's about 8 pix down from the top.

Cosmo