PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Thru Hiker Seeking Work In Silicon Valley

dudeijuststarted
12-18-2014, 16:27
Hey there WB! I finished my thru in October '14 and am trying to relocate to Silicon Valley. The plan is to work out there and finish up my Bachelor's in management (Spring 2016,) then transition to something non-technical (hopefully outdoor management!) once I have some better educational leverage. Also trying to scout the PCT from a more reasonable location.

My experience emphasizes government and large enterprise. I'm very well versed in virtualization, unified computing, and accommodating DevOps teams. My Team Leadership background at American Express also brings managerial experience to the table. Very comfortable in startups and vendors, preferring projects over daily operations.

Maybe its a stretch, maybe not, but if anyone on here is out that way and is in the field, please let me know...

Thanks!

DLP
12-18-2014, 16:32
I'm very well versed in virtualization, unified computing, and accommodating DevOps teams. Hi, I'll have my husband read this. I don't know what any of the above is... but he will. :)

Denise

saltysack
12-18-2014, 18:02
Hey there WB! I finished my thru in October '14 and am trying to relocate to Silicon Valley. The plan is to work out there and finish up my Bachelor's in management (Spring 2016,) then transition to something non-technical (hopefully outdoor management!) once I have some better educational leverage. Also trying to scout the PCT from a more reasonable location.

My experience emphasizes government and large enterprise. I'm very well versed in virtualization, unified computing, and accommodating DevOps teams. My Team Leadership background at American Express also brings managerial experience to the table. Very comfortable in startups and vendors, preferring projects over daily operations.

Maybe its a stretch, maybe not, but if anyone on here is out that way and is in the field, please let me know...

Thanks!

Thought you moved to Atlantic beach Fl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dudeijuststarted
12-18-2014, 20:09
Hi, I'll have my husband read this. I don't know what any of the above is... but he will. :)

Denise

Thanks Denise!

SaltySack..looks like AB isn't gonna last. A friend of mine wants to share a place in SV though...

Rocket Jones
12-18-2014, 20:12
Better get a few more friends, it's insanely expensive to live there.

saltysack
12-18-2014, 20:14
Best of luck! If u don't mind me asking what r u doing in AB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLP
12-18-2014, 23:43
Dude, My husband said it doesn't sound like your experience is a match. :(

He needs a Java programer. Hiking Java programers interested in living in the super expensive Silicon Valley, albeit 3 hours from the PCT, can PM me mid January. :)

Have a good holiday!