PDA

View Full Version : Yeah Tyvek Trash !

TheYoungOne
12-19-2014, 11:44
So in my neighborhood there a 2 new houses being built. The guys building the houses are a little bit sloppy and after a wind storm last night I woke up this morning, and seen 3'x4' white triangle on my lawn. Annoyed I go to pick up the trash and realize its a piece of tyvek. I stared at it, thinking of what I could make with it. A sitting pad, a wind barrier to keep my butt and back warm in the hammock, maybe a few wallets or pouches. Shame its not bigger, I could use a tyvek ground cloth.

Then I hear yelling from my elderly neighbors house. "Son of a ...." I look over and he has several pieces, some huge sheets, of tyevk on his side of the lawn. I darted over saying, "I'll clean that up for you", while trying not to act like a giddy schoolgirl. Not only did I get an early Christmas present, but I did a good deed helping out an elderly neighbor, and I have enough tyvek to keep me busy all winter.

Like Oscar the Grouch would say, "I love trash"

ALLEGHENY
12-19-2014, 11:55
good windfall

squeezebox
12-19-2014, 11:59
And you can also go up and ask the crew any large pieces of scrap.

yerbyray
12-19-2014, 12:16

If you do.....Tyvek Kilt. white coordinates with anything well and the freedom of a kilt is like a breath of fresh air...literally.

RED-DOG
12-19-2014, 15:00

Yep thats how i get mine

Feral Bill
12-19-2014, 17:36
If you do.....Tyvek Kilt. white coordinates with anything well .

Are you mad? Not after Labor Day!

rocketsocks
12-19-2014, 19:36
Are you mad? Not after Labor Day!
maybe it can be stained or dyed with black tea leaves for that "After Six" look.

Old Hiker
12-19-2014, 21:32
maybe it can be stained or dyed with black tea leaves for that "After Six" look.

Should we be talking or even visualizing a stained white kilt?

I NEVER see the guys putting up the Tyvek - it seems to attach itself overnight to the buildings, let alone scraps. Nice score.

kayak karl
12-19-2014, 21:32
whatever blows yer skirt up ;) and yes it can be dyed or stained after it is washed a few times.

kayak karl
12-19-2014, 21:40
we made a tyvek hot air balloon on the job site. on the third flight we put it over a propane heater to make it hotter and go higher. well tyvek burns. did you know that? we didn't know that. we let go of it and pieces of flaming tyvek were dripping down like little fire balls (the way a toy army man burns), starting fires all over....Oh, the humanity...

Old Hiker
12-20-2014, 11:08
we made a tyvek hot air balloon on the job site. on the third flight we put it over a propane heater to make it hotter and go higher. well tyvek burns. did you know that? we didn't know that. we let go of it and pieces of flaming tyvek were dripping down like little fire balls (the way a toy army man burns), starting fires all over....Oh, the humanity...

I wonder how you know about toy army men burning? You-tube video, perhaps? ;)