PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin I may make us live healthier longer

Sailor (The other one)
12-20-2014, 10:07
"Ibuprofen Could Add Years To Your Life, Study Finds" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/19/ibuprofen-longer-life_n_6354856.html

WingedMonkey
12-20-2014, 10:16
Good...I just popped two of them before I go outside and lay some sod on a repaired washout, mulch the garden, and plant some more green beans.

:sun

Carbo
12-20-2014, 10:34
A concern about about ibuprofen is that it will mask the pain serving as a warning sign to layoff a bit before doing serious damage. I have to agree that it works wonders when you need it.

Carbo
12-20-2014, 10:37
"Ibuprofen Could Add Years To Your Life, Study Finds" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/19/ibuprofen-longer-life_n_6354856.html

Reading this article I assume if you have worms, you shouldn't take Ibuprofen

Old Hiker
12-20-2014, 11:00
Yeah. The Huff post. That's where I'm going to get my information for a long and healthy life.

Teacher & Snacktime
12-20-2014, 12:41
Guys, this is a serious drug with an innocuous coating. Don't take it's use lightly. Prolonged and/or excessive use WILL lead to significant, permanent side effects.

Tuxedo
12-20-2014, 13:22
I'm in the opinion that IB200 can be consumed 12times a day if taken with meals and plenty of water and prescription IB800 can be taken 4times a day with meals and plenty of water. If you don't drink enough water your liver won't flush out the harmful toxin's, not enough food can damage the stomach and make it bleed. per my regular nurse 2003. until reading this post I have not followed up to see if it's changed. More studies have been done but best I can tell Nurse Debbie is still correct over all.

Sailor (The other one)
12-20-2014, 14:20
Yeah. The Huff post. That's where I'm going to get my information for a long and healthy life.

What, you think Huff Post did the study?

WingedMonkey
12-20-2014, 15:21
For those of you that may be allergic to the Huffington Post, you can always get your facts from Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/12/18/ibuprofen-may-improve-longevity-study-suggests/

Or for those so inclined you can read the original PLOS (Public Library of Science) report at:

http://www.plosgenetics.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pgen.1004860

NY HIKER 50
12-20-2014, 21:56
Prolonged use can cause stomach bleeding. Also, no one mentions like all nasids in can cause a heart attack. Use with caution and wait a while until this is also debunked.

Wise Old Owl
12-20-2014, 22:20

Yea... wasn't the whole premise of the movie "The Fugitive" about the evil's of Ibuprofen? LIVESTRONG (http://www.livestrong.com/article/19395-effect-ibuprofen-liver/)

Wise Old Owl
12-20-2014, 22:26
For those of you that may be allergic to the Huffington Post, you can always get your facts from Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/12/18/ibuprofen-may-improve-longevity-study-suggests/

Or for those so inclined you can read the original PLOS (Public Library of Science) report at:

http://www.plosgenetics.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pgen.1004860

I just read a study that waterboarding with Bud Light can be good for you! - why on earth did you feel you needed to go there?:rolleyes:

MuddyWaters
12-21-2014, 00:39
Not sure i see many parallels between humans, .......and worms, yeast, and fruit flies.

I'll wait for the rabbit study before making my assessment. Or at least mice. Some mammal.

Malto
12-21-2014, 08:15
I'm in the opinion that IB200 can be consumed 12times a day if taken with meals and plenty of water and prescription IB800 can be taken 4times a day with meals and plenty of water. If you don't drink enough water your liver won't flush out the harmful toxin's, not enough food can damage the stomach and make it bleed. per my regular nurse 2003. until reading this post I have not followed up to see if it's changed. More studies have been done but best I can tell Nurse Debbie is still correct over all.

I was really concerned on my thru hike that I was popping two Advil every four hours so six to eight per hiking day. But I was also eating 6000-8000 calories and drinking many liters of water per day. So if Nurse Debbie's info is correct then I had the perfect conditions to minimize impact from the Advil. At any rate three years later and I am still alive with no adverse effects.

Sailor (The other one)
12-21-2014, 09:05
I just read a study that waterboarding with Bud Light can be good for you!

Yeah, the one conducted by Dick Cheney.

Starchild
12-21-2014, 09:17
Not sure i see many parallels between humans, .......and worms, yeast, and fruit flies.

I'll wait for the rabbit study before making my assessment. Or at least mice. Some mammal.
Yes this study seems better to show that it can extend the life of parasites then of the host.

WingedMonkey
12-21-2014, 10:46
I just read a study that waterboarding with Bud Light can be good for you! - why on earth did you feel you needed to go there?:rolleyes:

With all the medical issues you have posted about over the last few years, I doubt any medication could help.

Dogwood
12-21-2014, 16:10
Oh, the love affair the U.S. has with pain medications. Yet, more fostering of the medical approach that places treatment - suppression of symptoms - over prevention and education. So the marching over the cliff continues. See no evil Speak no evil Hear no evil

rocketsocks
12-21-2014, 22:53
Oh, the love affair the U.S. has with pain medications. Yet, more fostering of the medical approach that places treatment - suppression of symptoms - over prevention and education. So the marching over the cliff continues. See no evil Speak no evil Hear no evil
The cumulative effects that chronic pain can have on the body cannot be over stated, it truly is debilitating, not necessarily the pain itself, but the constant day in and day out grinding that takes place. It affects all parts of the body, stressing the organs and often causing new maladies, like heart decease, cancers, on and on.

colorado_rob
12-21-2014, 23:18
Well, it sure helps me stay healthy because without it I'd be doing less, it's a simple as that. I take very modest amounts, about a sixth of the recommended daily maximum and only at all on "epic" days.

Hail to Vitamin I !!!

And my doctor, young, very much in tune with modern sports medicine and 100 times more of an expert than anyone on here (on this medical subject) thoroughly approves.

rocketsocks
12-21-2014, 23:43
The cumulative effects that chronic pain can have on the body cannot be over stated, it truly is debilitating, not necessarily the pain itself, but the constant day in and day out grinding that takes place. It affects all parts of the body, stressing the organs and often causing new maladies, like heart decease, cancers, on and on.After making this statement I went looking for support in articles. I found some, but will concede that you could likely find ten studies rebuking those finds. All in all though while Ibuprofen is very harmful in certain qualities for the very reasons stated by others...constant pain beats a body up.

rocketsocks
12-21-2014, 23:45
...don'y mind me folks, just arguing with myself again, hehehe. :o The last post was for Dogwood. :)