PDA

View Full Version : Strange Dream

Mother Natures Son
12-29-2014, 08:57
I had a strange dream last night and I hope those on this list can translate the meaning. I was heading for a side trail to the AT. (To avoid the rush) My "friends" decided to stop at this small restaurant near the trail for breakfast. Somehow I got the left behind. (Without my gear.) I started to walk through a bad section of town. As I got near the edge of town, the road got steeper. Just then a cop pulled me over. He wasn't too happy that I was walking on such busy road. I asked him if would give m a lift to the top of the mountain. (Where the trail was.) He agreed and soon I was on the trail and met up with my friends and my gear. Does anyone have any clues of what this dream means?

gsingjane
12-29-2014, 09:54
That strikes me as a classic anxiety dream. Do you have a hike coming up? Or is there another event in your life approaching, about which you have some worry or concern? Sometimes anxiety dreams can serve as a good warning, to make you double-check your plans or your gear or some other details. (I have them ALL the time before I go out leading trips.) It's good that the dream ended well, though, that probably means that everything is going to turn out okay!

Jane

illabelle
12-29-2014, 10:48
My anxiety dreams come after a hike. I'll be back home, just beginning to fall asleep, when all of a sudden I'm looking over a cliff with a crumbling trail beneath my feet! My pulse and breathing quicken as adrenaline surges through my body. I have to open my eyes, look at the wall, the window, the nightstand, the clock, and remind myself that the floor is level and I'm not falling.

MuddyWaters
12-29-2014, 19:05
I had a strange dream last night and I hope those on this list can translate the meaning. I was heading for a side trail to the AT. (To avoid the rush) My "friends" decided to stop at this small restaurant near the trail for breakfast. Somehow I got the left behind. (Without my gear.) I started to walk through a bad section of town. As I got near the edge of town, the road got steeper. Just then a cop pulled me over. He wasn't too happy that I was walking on such busy road. I asked him if would give m a lift to the top of the mountain. (Where the trail was.) He agreed and soon I was on the trail and met up with my friends and my gear. Does anyone have any clues of what this dream means?

Jung or Freud would probably say that you want to have sex with your mother.

Seems clear to me you think your friends are A holes.

rickb
12-29-2014, 19:40
You are clearly worried about retirement.

The breakfast represents the ephemeral satisfaction of an AT Thru Hike.

But even as you prepare for one (or another one) the world -- as represented by your friends -- has moved on, without giving you or your needs a second thought.

The missing gear represents your "not as great as it should be" 401K and the bad part of town is quite obviously a manifestation of the recent recesion.

Fortunately, you remained sleeping long enough see government protection (police/social security) really can help and will see you through.

in the final analysis, you are telling yourself everything will be fine, and to let go of your worries.

Unless you are a 22 year old male, in which case the dream means you are stressing about not asking for some girls number.

Damn Yankee
12-29-2014, 20:10
You are clearly worried about retirement.

The breakfast represents the ephemeral satisfaction of an AT Thru Hike.

But even as you prepare for one (or another one) the world -- as represented by your friends -- has moved on, without giving you or your needs a second thought.

The missing gear represents your "not as great as it should be" 401K and the bad part of town is quite obviously a manifestation of the recent recesion.

Fortunately, you remained sleeping long enough see government protection (police/social security) really can help and will see you through.

in the final analysis, you are telling yourself everything will be fine, and to let go of your worries.

Unless you are a 22 year old male, in which case the dream means you are stressing about not asking for some girls number.

I would have to concur with every thing up to the last statement.

Traveler
12-30-2014, 07:32

I know exactly what this means.... Stop eating pepperoni before you go to sleep.

Five Tango
12-30-2014, 08:17
Just look on the bright side.You had a great meal!Your friends might have left you behind to pick up the check(you left that out but I wondered about it) but at least they were decent enough to lug your gear up the mountain while you rode in style with a Cop who really wasn't a bad guy after all.And you dealt with your fears when you encountered the "bad" side of town.Things are looking up and you're already off to a good start!

Odd Man Out
12-30-2014, 10:50
The dream is there to show us that bears are less dangerous than people and bear bells are useless. The cop (bear) saved you and your friends abandoned you in a bad part of town.

Now if you could please have a dream that would answer the "hang your food" vs "sleep with food" debate, that would be much appreciated. :)