PDA

View Full Version : bus srvice terminated

neo
10-25-2005, 09:44
i finished a section hike near manchester vermont last friday,i was shocked to
find out that bus service in bennington and manchester vermont was terminated early september of this year:cool: neo

stupe
10-25-2005, 18:14
Hi, Neo, welcome back. I wonder if the gas prices affected the move to eliminate the bus service? It always seemed too good to be true, nice regular bus service in a rural area.

prozac
11-02-2005, 18:39
I was just in Vt. last month and decided to bail out early after ten inches of rain with the threat of more to come. Headed into Manchester Center and caught a free shuttle bus to Rutland. Rutland has an Amtrak station and I'm guessing bus service. Also has one of the more interesting hostels you ever want to stay at.

neo
11-02-2005, 21:16
I was just in Vt. last month and decided to bail out early after ten inches of rain with the threat of more to come. Headed into Manchester Center and caught a free shuttle bus to Rutland. Rutland has an Amtrak station and I'm guessing bus service. Also has one of the more interesting hostels you ever want to stay at.

i did not take that option because i needed to head south to dalton ma and catcth a bus i already hady a ticket for in pittsfeild ma,:cool: neo