PDA

View Full Version : How will you be celebrating your New Years?

Damn Yankee
12-31-2014, 22:27
Me? Apple Pie Moonshine and fine cigars, at home of course.

Hikes in Rain
12-31-2014, 23:15
Apple pie moonshine? Sounds awesome. I'm sipping Corvelle Brut.

Old Hillwalker
01-01-2015, 08:56
I never celebrate the new year, only the old year that I just survived. Depends upon how the old year went I suppose.

garlic08
01-01-2015, 09:27
Stayed home. NYE is amateur night--too many drunk drivers out there.

I had a fantastic ski trip yesterday, in an untracked backcountry bowl near Berthoud Pass. Even at 12,000' the intense sun made the single-digit temps feel pretty good. Great way to ring out the old. I was so tired I barely made it to ten pm.

Happy New Year.

Marta
01-01-2015, 11:41
Work, short after-work ski, nap, champagne and fireworks at midnight, getting ready for an all-day ski in Glacier NP.

Damn Yankee
01-01-2015, 22:10
Barely made it to the New Year, moonshine kicked my butt but, after a couple quick cat naps was as good as new. I do have a few Christmas pints to pass out to a few people in my area, if your interested. Must be of legal drinking age as I will check your ID

runt13
01-02-2015, 07:48
stayed home as usual, had a few friends and family over. kill what's left of the holiday food. have my last drink [drinks] of the year. take down the x-mas tree. then relax new year's day.

2015 is going to be a blast....

RUNT ''13''

coach lou
01-02-2015, 11:20
29370LASHer New Years at Coach Lou's.

We all toasted WB for getting us all together

Mtn. Mike OzJacko, Dragonfly Annie, Hikerboieeeeee, and Army Ant @ Coach Lou & Overloads place.

Oz and Annie visiting all their New England friends for Christmas and New Years

colorado_rob
01-03-2015, 00:13
Keeping a National Parks New Year's tradition alive, we decided to visit the Grand Canyon... the original plan was to leave the south rim at midnight on NY eve, hike down to the river, then back up in time for a hearty breakfast... well, the weather NY eve was horrible, snowing like crazy, around 10 degrees, so we stayed in the Bright Angel lodge bar and watched some decent live music. BUT: the next morning (NY day) we did partake in our plan, hiking down to the river, having a nice little picnic, then back up before dark. My wife claims it was her most beautiful GC trip ever, with all the snow.

Attached is a view down in late in the day back up close to the south rim. Fantastic place to spend a New Years! (last year was Death Valley National Park)

Damn Yankee
01-03-2015, 00:35
Now that's a hole. Beautiful

Damn Yankee
01-03-2015, 00:36
29370LASHer New Years at Coach Lou's.

We all toasted WB for getting us all together

Mtn. Mike OzJacko, Dragonfly Annie, Hikerboieeeeee, and Army Ant @ Coach Lou & Overloads place.

Oz and Annie visiting all their New England friends for Christmas and New Years

you all don't seem very cheery

dragonflyannie
01-12-2015, 08:14
Thanks Coach :) Was that the cheesecake toast?

dragonflyannie
01-12-2015, 08:18
We had fun, just toned it down for the camera :) the night was still young, serious LASHer discussions were still in progress and it was pre-cheesecake.