PDA

View Full Version : SOBO journal rec needed

chris
10-25-2005, 17:19
As there are so many of them, I'd like to get recommendations for a good, quality southbound AT hike journal. Something with interwoven pictures and text beyond the, "I went here, these people were there, I ate this, I took a crap," material that seems to dominate many journals. I could sift through a lot of journals on TJ, but this would take more time that I can really give at this point. Thanks.

Topcat
10-25-2005, 17:40
the 2004 journal of tinkerbell on trailjournals might fit the bill for you. She has lots of pictures, good descriptions of her days and i found it to show the differences in lifestyle of going southbound.

Almost There
10-25-2005, 17:53
Was gonna mention Tinks, but another good one is Mountain Dew's 2003 journal. Stumpknocker's 2005, in progress, is a good one too.

QHShowoman
10-25-2005, 19:42
Tinkerbell's rocks! I actually had the pleasure of meeting her in person this weekend at the REI AT Symposium. When I was following her journal, I couldn't wait until it was updated and then would print out all the pages to read and re-read on the bus ride home. Definitely an inspiration.

TooTall
10-26-2005, 00:10
I enjoyed reading Swampfox's 1999 SOBO journal at http://www.homestead.com/swampfoxpage/index.html