PDA

View Full Version : Wild: The Movie

RainbowDash
01-03-2015, 00:43
I like any other hiker tends to read/watch a ton of hiking stuff during the off season. I went to go watch the movie and it was pretty realistic. I cringed a ton when it comes to mistakes she made and laughed at "Monster" among other things. She definitely packed her insecurities and then some. Do people really bring saws sometimes on thru hikes?! Oh and they made these replica boots of the ones that caused her permanent foot damage.....only 300$! Lol Just felt like sharing!

RainbowDash
01-03-2015, 00:44
I like any other hiker tends to read/watch a ton of hiking stuff during the off season. I went to go watch the movie and it was pretty realistic. I cringed a ton when it comes to mistakes she made and laughed at "Monster" among other things. She definitely packed her insecurities and then some. Do people really bring saws sometimes on thru hikes?! Oh and they made these replica boots of the ones that caused her permanent foot damage.....only 300$! Lol Just felt like sharing! I'll stick to my trail runners thanks!

Kevin108
01-03-2015, 23:33
Currently reading the book. Hopefully the movie will be available for home viewing soon after I finish.

Miner
01-04-2015, 06:17
Another thread (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php/108053-quot-Wild-quot-Your-Thoughts-and-Reviews-of-the-Film-Here) about this already.

Rain Man
01-05-2015, 13:46
Not only was that hike an amazingly brave thing for her to do. Writing that book was also amazingly honest and brave. I give her a ton of kudos for her accomplishments in the face of all she went through and overcame.

Rain Man

Coffee
01-05-2015, 13:55
A close family friend wants to start hiking after seeing Wild. Apparently it triggered a sense of adventure, but not specifically for the PCT. Interesting.

Mags
01-05-2015, 14:45
Friends of mine plan on doing the CT because of Wild.