PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Yama Mountian Gear

Damn Yankee
01-05-2015, 10:21
YMG is based out of Charlottesville, Virginia and I will be taking a trip there next week to meet Gen and see his workshop. We may also go out for some lunch. Is there one other person who would like to go with me. It would be a great opportunity to talk about his new line up.

RED-DOG
01-05-2015, 10:40
I got a tent from him a few months ago, it's a great tent and i love it, tell him i will be thinking about him when i am using it on the PCT next year. but no i don't have the time to go. and yes this would be an awesome oppurtunity for some one that is interested in their gear but for as i know their only making tents and a few stuff sacks.

if you will ask him when he plans to start making packs and sleeping bags?

Bigfoot86
01-05-2015, 12:12
i can go. im in front royal. Also what day is it that your going.

Damn Yankee
01-05-2015, 13:24
I'm waiting for him to get back to me to let me know what day would be best. I will post when I find out.

Frye
01-05-2015, 13:57
Do you know if he's still planning to start taking new orders this month?

Damn Yankee
01-05-2015, 16:38
I don't but will get all the information and post after the trip over the mountain

Hangfire
01-05-2015, 21:13
Gen gave me a ride outta Waynesboro back to Rockfish Gap, super cool guy!

Firefighter503
01-05-2015, 22:20
Depending on what day you are going down, I'm interested in going down. I don't need any new gear at the moment so I wouldn't be a prospective buyer, but I'd love to see his shop/process and talk gear. I'd be coming from NoVA.

Bigfoot86
01-06-2015, 22:54
Im actually looking for a new double wall tent and would like to check his out.

Damn Yankee
01-14-2015, 17:56
Bigfoot and I had a great visit with Gen today and took up way to much of his time. He showed us some of his new offerings which were awesome by the way. He did not have any net tents made for sale so I ended up getting one of his kits. Nice small as in really small place but, really set up for what he needs. He has some new single wall tents available which mesh together his tarp and net tent in a great way, newly configured tarps and new single wall tents. He is in the experimental stages of a nice trail running or ultra-lite multi-day pack but won't say any more on that other than it is going to be pretty nice. Other than that, he is busy putting orders together and working on his web-site. Thank You for your time Gen.