PDA

View Full Version : Kelty Aero 2 tent

Bianchi Veloce
01-18-2003, 02:46
Hi. I'm a day hiker looking to expand into backpacking trips. My family and I go car camping during the summers. My long range goal is to thru hike the AT in 2005. I own very little equipment (boots and a day pack) which are suitable for backpacking. I'm researching shelter options and the Kelty Aero 2 has caught my eye. Has anyone had any experience with this tent? Good or bad? I'm looking for something that will accommodate my five year old son and I while also being under 4 lbs. when he joins me in some short distance overnights. Thanks for any helpful advice from ya'll. I really enjoy this site and have learned alot in a short time. :cool:

Jumpstart
01-19-2003, 19:13
Hi Bianchi...

I haven't used the Kelty, but I also needed a light two-man tent, and my husband and I carried the Walrus Arch RIval for teh first part of the trip, and the EMS Milky Way from Manchester Center, VT to the end. Exchanging some stuff sacks and tent stakes and stuff, we got both down to about 4 1/2 pounds, and had plenty of rolling around and moving about room. There are lots of other great suggestions on this site, as I'm sure you will hear, as well. Good luck in your planning!