PDA

View Full Version : Hot Springs to Damascus

windels11
01-08-2015, 18:44
I'm planning on doing Hot Springs to Damascus this summer and I couldn't really find much on this section regarding resupplying. Since this section should take me about 13 days, give or take. What I'm asking is if there is any places to resupply half way through the trip?

Lone Wolf
01-08-2015, 18:57
erwin, tn. and hampton, tn.

misterfloyd
01-11-2015, 13:06
In erwin Uncle Johnnies is right off the trail.
You can also resupply at Kincora as well in Dennis Cove.
You may want to look at the articles on this supply regarding resupply.

Floyd

Deacon
01-12-2015, 14:23
I'm planning on doing Hot Springs to Damascus this summer and I couldn't really find much on this section regarding resupplying. Since this section should take me about 13 days, give or take. What I'm asking is if there is any places to resupply half way through the trip?

The Greasy Creek Hostel is almost exactly halfway between Hot Springs and Damascus. They have some items to buy, but is an excellent place to mail drop.

There's not much at Uncle Johnnies but they shuttle to a grocery twice a day.

MuddyWaters
01-12-2015, 22:41
Its easy to get ride to town at 19E from someone staying at or leaving Mountain Harbor hostel as well. Lots of section hikers use it. Dont need to hitch, just ask.

July
01-12-2015, 22:46
Also check out Kincora, Bob Peoples is awesome and does shuttles into town if you stay there.

msumax1985
01-13-2015, 18:30
I'll mention Black Bear Resort. It is at the same road crossing as Kincora, easy 10 minute walk east, whereas Kincora is 5+ minutes west. I did a zero at Black Bear in 2014 and enjoyed it. They have a store with good resupply, and beer, make your own pizza. Plus, there was always someone going into town (Hampton) so you could get a ride there, if needed.

Uncle Johnny's had very minimal resupply but they can shuttle you into a Dollar General or grocery store in Erwin.

windels11
01-14-2015, 20:05
Thank you for all the help! Putting all your suggestions into consideration!

sparky2000
01-14-2015, 22:09
Don't know why but Johnniwa in Erwin hasn't help hikers get to the Wally in Erwin where resupply is
complete. You can rent a bicycle at jons to go to and get back from wallies.