PDA

View Full Version : Fall Colors?

RLC_FLA
10-27-2005, 12:28
We're leaving Sat a.m for Dawsonville. Got a newbie hiker friend from Las Vegas joining us and we'll be hiking the approach trail on Monday Oct 31. Also going to spend some time at Vogel SP and take in some of the waterfalls in the area.

What are the leaves looking like now? The Ga SP website has been saying the same thing for three weeks.

RLC_FLA
GA->ME '89

The Solemates
10-27-2005, 12:42
We're leaving Sat a.m for Dawsonville. Got a newbie hiker friend from Las Vegas joining us and we'll be hiking the approach trail on Monday Oct 31. Also going to spend some time at Vogel SP and take in some of the waterfalls in the area.

What are the leaves looking like now? The Ga SP website has been saying the same thing for three weeks.

RLC_FLA
GA->ME '89

vogel is nice. a good weekend trail to do with your friend would be the Coosa Backcountry Trail. also, since you will be in the area, visit brasstown bald, the highest pt in GA. have fun!

Green Bean
10-27-2005, 16:21
The leaves are staring to change on the tree tops

Lilred
10-27-2005, 16:44
Depends on where you are. Higher elevations change sooner. In Tn, right now, color is about peaked. Although, there isn't that much color this year at all in my area. Don't know about Springer. I'd say they should be in about peak color now or in another week.