PDA

View Full Version : Klymit x-lite under CCF pad ???

William36
01-19-2015, 17:51
Been thinking....how about the klymit x-lite http://www.floodies.co.uk/ekmps/shops/sandbaggers2/images/klymit-inertia-x-lite-ultra-light-6.01oz-[3]-454-p.jpg UNDER very thin CCF like gossamer gear torso length...

Get height, plushness, and major pressure points handled by KLYMIT, then warmth and stability and multi use and durability and redundancy of CCF...

Like 2 inches of luxury for like 10-14 ounces depending on CCF pick...

Thoughts???? Been done????

William36
01-19-2015, 17:56
I use a quilt so need the CCF for insulation as Klymit "loft pockets"useless....

Been doing some more thinking.....reverse the stack when really hot out and would provide really nice air flow UNDER sleeper....???

OwenM
01-20-2015, 02:25
If it's hot, you don't need the CCF, and there won't be air flow under the X-Lite when you're laying on it. The X-Lite provides some warmth(lay on it and on your groundsheet or tent floor, and the difference will be noticeable immediately). I've tried my torso-length X-Lite Recon with a ThermaRest ZLite small, and think it's a good combo. Rarely being willing to deal with the extra bulk, I tend to use a ProLite small instead, though.

Ercoupe
01-20-2015, 06:39
I have done that with a torso klymit under a z-lite sol. No other configurtation works for me.

Con-More weight, bulk than my large green neoair.
Not as comfotable or warm as my large green neoair

Pros
Two, three breaths to inflate no need for pump.
Sit pad during day.
Puncture will not leave me on the ground.