PDA

View Full Version : Cave Creek

ngneer
01-19-2015, 19:34
Hey folks, wife and I done an out an back Sat. 17th. Perfect day trail was very nice, several folks doing same thing. After the overlook at the switchback on top of ridge, the sign post had been taken down. Post itself was laying by fire pit not burned. Didn't see the sign, figured it was sacrificed. Thank you volunteers for the work you have done too keep this section open. It has been A LOT of tree cutting. Big fat raisin pie for u guys.

dhagan
01-20-2015, 15:03
We did an overnight Sun and Mon, looped around to McDill and back to the start. Saw a lot of signs missing also. If I didnt have a gps, I probably would have gone all the way to Chinabee silent...lol. Coming from McDill, there is a fork in the trail (we were forwarned by another hiker) that it is easy to miss. If you go right, you end up on that ugly a$$ logging road. I never saw the fork and we ended up on the road. Bushwacked back over to cave creek then out. So, watch your markings!

OwenM
02-03-2015, 01:01
No kidding about that fork. I've forgotten, and ended up on that road 3 times in the last 5 years! The good news is that if you just continue up it, you will soon rejoin the Pinhoti. The bad news is that it was practically buried in downed trees the last time.